National Parks closing?

Twotoes

Just now, agesilaus said:

TP, Kleenex and paper towels have reappeared in our stores. Limit 1 package per visit. The hysterical panic is subsiding slowly here locally. I saw someone with bottled water in his cart too. There are still odd empty spots on the shelves tho

Certainly the stores are partly to blame for the run on paper products and hand sanitizer.  No way should have stores allowed people to buy cart fulls of these products, and certainly not pickup loads or truck loads! In my view, the people who were buying these products were not buying for personal use, but to try and create a shortage and gauge the public.  Hopefully, they all got stuck with hundreds or even thousands of dollars of stuff they cant use or sell. I am glad that Amazon and Ebay caught on quickly as to what these scum bags were doing.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

I just picked up a grocery order at a local Walmart Grocery.  They are out of many or most things.  Paper for sure but most food items are also unavailable.  It appears Safeway and other chains at least have a modest supply of some items but I was hoping to just use the grocery pickup and not have to go in.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

16 hours ago, Randyretired said:

I just picked up a grocery order at a local Walmart Grocery. 

We did so yesterday and our nearest Walmart was able to fill our order with only 2 substitutions. There were no paper products in that order, so don't know about that part. I was very impressed with the service, as a first time user. It was all done with social distancing and the worker placed everything into our trunk. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I've been using grocery pickup using apps ever since we returned home early this month...principally Fred Meyer and a regional store called Yokes.  I've had very little problem with out of stock items, although I haven't ordered TP (we bought TP last fall at Costco and still have a good supply left).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

41 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

We did so yesterday and our nearest Walmart was able to fill our order with only 2 substitutions. There were no paper products in that order, so don't know about that part. I was very impressed with the service, as a first time user. It was all done with social distancing and the worker placed everything into our trunk. 

We were unable to buy chicken, pork or beef.  The Walmart near us was also out of the frozen fish fillets we like and V8 juice.  We were able to buy some cereal, salad and toothpaste. Maybe  the local Walmart will get some shipments soon.  Went to Safeway today and they had many of the items we wanted.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

While not specific to National Parks, the Campendium website lists state by state closures, both commercial & non commercial campgrounds.  Some states are declaring campgrounds as non-essential and ordering them closed, while others consider them essential.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys