It never ends!

I'm in Brownsville, TX for the next month. Where can the breaks replaced on my 20000 Suncruiser near here. Any recommendations? 

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

If you buy the plates from Dyers or ETrailer or a local RV parts house, the process is easy if you are the least bit handy. Take out three or four easy to get to small bolts, cut the electric leads, pull the old plate off. Insert the new plate, replace bolts, splice the wires. Takes maybe 10 mins a wheel and most of that for getting the wheel off and then back on. May as well lube the bearings at the same time.

Total cost probably around $400 or less for four wheels. I've heard of people getting quotes for way over a $1000 from a brake shop. An example from Dyers

You would need to get the right sized plate, most are either 10 inch or 12 inch from what I've seen.

I see my education is showing again as I reread my request. But I will take this opportunity to recommend the Red Barn Tire shop in Brownsville for any kind of maniacal work on your rig or your car. I have reread this post and run spell check a couple times. I hope I am speaking English here!

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

25 minutes ago, homelesshartshorns said:

I see my education is showing again as I reread my request. But I will take this opportunity to recommend the Red Barn Tire shop in Brownsville for any kind of maniacal work on your rig or your car. I have reread this post and run spell check a couple times. I hope I am speaking English here!

Maniacal? Spell check does not fix a word that is spelled correctly. 

2 hours ago, kurtsara said:

Maniacal? Spell check does not fix a word that is spelled correctly. 

I've been in a maniacal shop, or two. 😂

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

OK I will stop posting until I get a better education. I have resisted updating my blog here as I was finding out that my intentions of showing off where I had been and experiences I have found.  Where only met with grammar comments, type O's and my inability to be able to state my location accurately. Safe Travels

Actually it is bad net etiquette to correct minor grammar and spelling errors, if you must do it, then send a private message suggesting the use of the spell checker. I'd be firing off several messages a week if I corrected the use of breaks for brakes for example. I'd blame the terrible condition of the schools except I suspect most online here went to school back in the good days. So lighten up seeing a spelling error will cause you a lot less angst than you will give someone by publicly correcting them.

And Homeless don't let this discourage you. You did get a couple responsive replies, just ignore the rest.

Edited by agesilaus

9 hours ago, homelesshartshorns said:

I have resisted updating my blog here as I was finding out that my intentions of showing off where I had been and experiences I have found. 

Post them to the Travel Logs forum as that is what it is for and no comments can be made there!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI