water leak

GlennWest

I had a bad windshield leak. Think I posted on this some time back. New windshield as the old one was badly installed. It is now leaking again but in same spot it started before windhield was replaced. It is in direct line of top seam of cab on drivers side. This is the only spot that leaks now. I suspect that seal is bad. There is no sign of sealant on this seam. Suggestions.

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Is it leaking down the glass on the inside or along the curtain rail?  If along the rail try resealing the top seams in cab with expandable caulking.  It stopped mine.  If dripping down inside of windshield, try thin line of black silicone caulk along entire bottom edge of seal.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I have had this happen in windshield replacement.  When damaged one was removed, the windshield opening revealed some rusty areas that allowed for typical sealant methods to not work, so it needed some attention by adding additional sealant.  I also was able to treat the rusty metal areas with a rust reforming primer to perhaps extend the life of the windshield frame.  Not sure how it worked out as I sold the truck a year later, but it never did leak after that install.

Marcel

Glenn,

I had a leak in the bottom of the windshield seal on the drivers side.  Learned the hard way that water had leaked inside the engine compartment running down the firewall and into the junction box that joins the engine and cab wiring harnesses.  Was not a cheap repair. Half the pins were corroded resulting in some interesting problems. May not be an issue for you but worth a look.  Brad