3/4 cup ketchup
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup water
cayenne pepper to taste (optional)

Place ground beef and onion in a large skillet. Turn heat to medium and cook and stir the mixture constantly until the beef is browned and forms small crumbles, about 10 minutes.

Stir in garlic and green bell pepper; cook and stir until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 cup water and stir, scraping the pan to dissolve any brown flavor bits from the bottom of the skillet.

Mix in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper. Add 1 more cup water and return mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is thick, about 40 minutes.

Season with salt , black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.

I do pretty much the same. Whatever of those spices and stuff I have available, always lots of garlic with parsley.  But I use tomato soup concentrate instead of ketchup. Vegetable broth instead of water. I let the burger a bit red and cook it in the sauce til done. It is more tender.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:40 AM, Twotoes said:

Yum. Your hired as my personal chef, lol lol lol 

I sort of did that once with another RVer. Our deal was, she would pick out the groceries and I would pay for them, she would cook, the three of us (including her husband) would eat, and I would keep the leftovers. I loved it! I would do that again in a minute if we lived anywhere near one another.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 3 weeks later...

That sounds a lot like mine. Except I leave out the water and add a can of van de camps baked beans. I know its weird but I like it.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.