Full timers insurance

We have been using 

Dougherty & Associates, Inc

(605) 361-6318

3704 S Westport Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57106

https://www.doughertyassoc.net/SD-RV-Insurance.html

We have used them to secure our ins since 2014.  Through them we are currently with National General.  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Does State Farm now offer fulltimer coverage on an RV? The didn't some years back when I checked with them. I suggest that you try one of these companies that are well rated by members of these forums. 

AIS insurance............  I have been with them for 20 years.

Miller Insurance                 Explorer Insurance      RV Advantage insurance

All of these companies have been mentioned many times on the Escapee forums and all have much experience in dealing with people who live and travel in an RV full-time. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I am a full timer with a So Dakota domicle and State Farm told me that they don’t write full time policies in my State. I went with Geico on my Class A, Jeep, Harley and a umbrella policy. Geico does not have agents, you have to call them direct. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I just got quotes from Miller for the 5ver and F350 we plan to buy. Marlene said there only 4 insurance companies who do true full time Insurance and ran quotes with all of them. Both vehicles will be new, 5ver will have full loss replacement plus we added a million dollar umbrella policy. Very happy with the quote and will go with Miller when we buy the vehicles. She also ran the quotes for multiple zip codes to help me find the best location to domicile. When I combine her quotes with the health insurance costs I compared, the best zip code for us in Florida turns out to be Crestview FL as a Domicile.

Edited by filthy-beast

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

I just got off the phone with Marlene to get quotes for 5er hdt smart and umbrella policy. Told me the same thing she was interested to here how State Farm was going to do it by adding liability policy. They will only do that if You are a current customer. Never laughed that much talking to an insurance agent. Looking forward to seeing quote

6 hours ago, chirakawa said:

That's not what Geico says.  Geico Agents

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Geico does not have outside agents. You have to call them and a customer service rep aka agent for Geico will answer. They say that their premiums are lower because they don’t have to pay commissions. All of their customer service reps/in house agents are on a salary. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

2 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Geico does not have outside agents. You have to call them and a customer service rep aka agent for Geico will answer. They say that their premiums are lower because they don’t have to pay commissions. All of their customer service reps/in house agents are on a salary. 

Did you bother reading the link I sent you?  Here it is again Geico Agents

geico.JPG

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

There is an agent listed for GEICO where we are. 

GEICO local agents are licensed to help with insurance on your car, motorcycle, boat, and more. Visit us in person, give us a call, or start your free quote online.

Mesquite Insurance Agent
18671 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Mesquite, TX 75150
(0.6 miles)

Phone: 469-357-0900

21 hours ago, chirakawa said:

Did you bother reading the link I sent you?  Here it is again Geico Agents

geico.JPG

Did you bother to read your own link. There are no Geico agents in South Dakota. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

Yes I am a lawyer and was a Judge Pro Tem who has been trained to read the small print. Anyone who sells insurance is an agent of the insurance company.  Many are independent contractors. Geico agents are captured agents who only sell Geico insurance and are really Customer Service Advisors. No broker can sell Geico Insurance. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

11 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Yes I am a lawyer and was a Judge Pro Tem who has been trained to read the small print. Anyone who sells insurance is an agent of the insurance company.  Many are independent contractors. Geico agents are captured agents who only sell Geico insurance and are really Customer Service Advisors. No broker can sell Geico Insurance. 

I'm not a lawyer, but I can read.  I was just responding to your earlier statements.  I am making this last post in response to you to try and make clear my intent.  I have no intention of debating.  I just didn't want people to read your posts and be misled about Geico's services.  If it makes you feel better, I will say "you're right".

On 2/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, Twotoes said:

Geico does not have agents, you have to call them direct. 

Absolutely not true.  Geico has agents with offices that you can walk into and talk about your needs and buy insurance from.  See the snippet below where it says "Visit us in person".  Because South Dakota may not have one of these type offices doesn't change the context of your blanket statement above about Geico.

On 2/26/2020 at 5:31 PM, Twotoes said:

Again, see above.  Geico agents are not on salary.  As shown in the snippet below from Geico's website, their agents are on commission and only get paid from new policies or renewals.  I think that's the way State Farm works also.

geico.JPG

geico2.JPG

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I don’t want to get in this argument but I was reading the post to my wife and she said geico has “captive” agents not captured. She was in insurance for 34 years , sorry judge. On the topic here we received quotes from miller insurance we’re happy but there’s no bobtailing. Does geiko allow bobtailing? So far State Farm looks like the way we are going but still checking. 

Sorry chirakiwa, I was only speaking about South Dakota, not the USA, but I have never seen a Geico office anywhere in my travels like I have seen State Farm, Farmers or Allstate offices. They may exist, I just have never seen one. Didn’t mean to argue with you. This forum is a great place and there is no room for negativity. And yes Danaandfreda i ment to say captive not captured, Im just used to dealing with clients who are in custody, lol lol lol. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

13 minutes ago, Danandfreda said:

So far State Farm looks like the way we are going but still checking. 

So is State Farm now selling a policy with a fulltimer's clause? Be very careful as you don't want to discover a lack of coverage after a major loss.

For current customers they add the liability policy to cover what the full time policy covers. The hdt will have its separate policy so we can use it if we want to explore where the fifth wheel won’t go. Wife is going over everything to make sure. I’ve been with State Farm for over 30 years but still looking for companies that cover bobtailing. We’ve always gone with service over price. You get what you pay for.