Traveling to Austin from N.C. for Iheart music festival

Cherie

Why not come I-20 to Tx then go south at Lindale US 69 to Tyler's loop 323 , take right then right at Hwy 31 to Corsicana then I-35 south to Austin. If you have a toll tag go just past 69 & take loop49 toll Dr to 31. I don't know about east of Tx but once you get in Texas there is rv parks everywhere and more being built

I-35 is a crazy road and always lot of construction and high speed drivers.  I drive 2 hours out of my way to stay off I-35.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

If you are still reading this, I'd welcome you to the Escapee forums! I would probably do pretty much as suggested by Poohbear, if you don't mind traveling on the interstate routes. That is the northern route as suggested by Google Maps. In Austin, our favorite place to stay is McKinney Falls State Park.

If you choose to travel the southern route, (I-10) I am not aware of any great danger there and we have friends that regularly  visit family in Lake Charles. It has probably been 10 years since we last traveled through that area.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI