steven

Wanted Thousand trails platinum or better membership

I have an Elite membership bought on the after market with 59 parks. Most of the missing ones are in the NE.

Its base membership is a 1985 Sterling National Platinum membership, and will remain the same forever.

Member #298830251.

if your interested let me know. If you’re willing to wait until my anniversary date of 03/01/2021, I can sell at a better price, as I book out 120 days as a rule. There is a spot for that stipulation on the contract forms TT will provide as part of the transfer fee.

1 hour ago, doit2010 said:

if you dont mind tell me the differances 

(In my understanding) Basically in the beginning there was more negotiation in memberships. My Elite for example has no high use restrictions in Orlando and Peace River. The third in FL is not in the older 59 park membership sold in 1985. I have heard of many other variations .

The Platinum and Platinum Plus are no longer sold. They are the only memberships that maintain value, and stay Platinum. The rest end up being essentially a “camping pass”. The first sale maintains the original purchasers membership without some of the perks lie frozen dues, etc...

I don’t really understand the difference between a Platinum and Platinum Plus. It may have to do with the reservation window. The Elite is 120 days; but there is no mention of the reservation window in the copy of the Platinum agreement I have from the original purchaser, of my membership.

Frozen dues and the added perks value are the deciding value in my mind. Resale value is secondary. There is no doubt TT is a value as long as you know, funky, inconsistencies, dated, out of the way locations, etc are the Norm.

A broker can help with those details, and shouldn’t cost a buyer anything...

Don has a great article on Thousand Trails...

http://ddwt.us/index.htm

Any membership can be upgraded (for a price).

The current membership option for new buyers is "Ultimate Odyssey" which has a 180 day booking window.

I upgraded from a Zone Pass to Elite Connections (120 Day) last Fall and couldn't be happier.

RVlove (blog) also does a lot of Thousand Trails articles.

With my 120 window, I have had no trouble booking 100 nights of camping (Sept -Dec 2020). But this isn't the "high season".

My guess is that availability is tighter in the summer months up North and Jan-Mar down in the sunbelt.

Thousand Trails is investing in it's parks. I see new sites going in (Orlando as an example), new pools, and other upgrades.

The Trails Collection is an innovative program that gives you access to 100 places to park for $299 year. You can stay up to 14 days in a Trails Collection park, most at no charge. Some have a $20 surcharge. 

I like full hookups which most TT and TC parks offer (not all). I'm not into solar or being out in the wilderness alone. :(

Each to his/her own. 

The higher use parks get the updates and expansions at a higher rate than the others.

My current location has been without water for over 48 hours; and I’ve been told it will be next week before being fixed.
My experience with the Trails Collection (TC) is that it is useless during the busy seasons in popular areas; given the reservation window.

Everything has a value...if you max out your camping pass, it’s about $2.50 a night.

I am currently at about $3.50 a night if I figure 365 day full time use; either is obviously a bargain.
I only paid $3150.00 for an older 59 park elite 21 day park to park membership with no high use restrictions in FL.

It’s still not worth it to me and plan to go inactive and sell mine if COVID-19 cooperates in March.

The best approach (in my opinion) with Thousand Trails is to "go slow" and start with a zone pass. For a small fee (less than $600) you can try on for size all of the parks in the zone you purchase. This is the best way to find out if the system is going to work for you before upgrading to a "lifetime" membership. They run sales on the zone pass and sometimes you can get a 2nd zone for less than $100. They also run Fall promotions with a 4 year commitment and give a small discount when you go that route. (I wouldn't recommend it...stay with 1 year if just starting out).

I'm not on FB but understand from other campers that there are 2 FB groups, one is company sponsored and the other is independent, another good way to network on Thousand Trails.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:11 AM, ToddF said:

Don has a great article on Thousand Trails...

http://ddwt.us/index.htm

Any membership can be upgraded (for a price).

The current membership option for new buyers is "Ultimate Odyssey" which has a 180 day booking window.

I upgraded from a Zone Pass to Elite Connections (120 Day) last Fall and couldn't be happier.

RVlove (blog) also does a lot of Thousand Trails articles.

With my 120 window, I have had no trouble booking 100 nights of camping (Sept -Dec 2020). But this isn't the "high season".

My guess is that availability is tighter in the summer months up North and Jan-Mar down in the sunbelt.

Thousand Trails is investing in it's parks. I see new sites going in (Orlando as an example), new pools, and other upgrades.

The Trails Collection is an innovative program that gives you access to 100 places to park for $299 year. You can stay up to 14 days in a Trails Collection park, most at no charge. Some have a $20 surcharge. 

I like full hookups which most TT and TC parks offer (not all). I'm not into solar or being out in the wilderness alone. :(

Each to his/her own. 

Spoke with Don today, they are in a TT park in CA now ( seen on their website)

I have the following:

Thousand Trails Membership -Alliance with Gold upgrade.  $1,500. plus transfer fee.  63 Thousand Trails, NACO, Leisure Time resorts nationwide, 33 are in WA, OR, & CA.  Reserve up to 210 days in advance - great for the high season.  14 day stays with no time out of system.  Dues (2021):  50 nights/$692 and $5 per night over 50, or unlimited nights/$1,504.  Adult family benefits and discounted rates on cabins & cottages.