Shuflo 2088-422-154 water pump

scubadave

Currently in a  full service RV park and hooked up with water.  Unhooked the other night because of below 20 temp. About 320 am the water pump came on with both of us in bed. It kept running until I got up turned the switch off. Upon checking further  there is no water leaking out anywhere I can see.  Today I uncovered the pump location and I see no signs that water was leaking in that area. It makes no difference if the park water is on or not the pump just keeps running. Should I just bite the bullet and get a new 4088 or?

Thanks 

Dave 

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Does your RV have a valve to fill your water tank while connected to city water? If you do and if that valve is open it can cause that to happen as the pump will draw water from the bottom of the tank, push it out into the system, encounter the open valve at the city connection and pump that same water back into the top of the tank. When that happens the pump will run continuously. Check your tank fill valve.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk, it does have a water fill switch that has been turned to the non tank fill direction for over 4 months when this started. I even switched it to fill and then back and still the pump runs.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Have you tired to get water from the faucets with the pump? When operating properly the pump turns on when pressure in the lines drop and then off when it reaches a preset pressure, usually around 45 - 50#. I it doesn't shut off it probably means that it isn't pumping water to bring the pressure up. In most cases one can hear the pump noise change as the pressure comes up and then it will stop. I am wondering if your pump has failed. If the pump is bad you can probably get a kit to rebuild it that would solve the problem. Please do keep us posted on what you find. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Perhaps the valve assembly is leaking enough the pump cannot build pressure. Check out this video.

There is no need to buy the entire pump if only the valve assy. has failed.

Afterthought, the valve assy may simply be held open with a calcium/lime buildup from non-use. A disassembly and inspection and cleaning with vinegar costs nothing but time.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Is your by-pass valve open that allows you to draw pink antifreeze into the system?  This could not be closed off 100% and the pump will see an open.  Something to check.  While pump is running walk around outside of the rig and check for water, most likely this has been done.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here