Tesla will pass $1000 by tomorrow at the latest.

RV_

3 minutes ago, RV_ said:

I give up on timing the market. I've pretty much nailed what Musk will do, but have been badly off on timing it by hours days weeks and in this case months? Well it took a few months longer passing $1000 in June. Longer than the tomorrow I predicted, and now It's 3 or 4 months later. Tesla closed today at $1,365.88 Amazing. Had I not cashed in my 1000 shares @ $348, they would be worth $1,365,880! I bought for $17-$22.5 on IPO in 2010. Held them eight years, but just two years too soon. I could at least have bought another thousand when it was near $150. Who'd a thunk? ;)

Get ready for the Tesla bubble. When that sucker pops people will be selling hand over fist. 
I’m with you about the market. My timing is off also. I’m not sure why it just keeps going up. I feel a sharp correction heading our way. Especially since COVID 19 is on the rise. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I agree but if you reread the thread "Are You Still In" several posters there predicted a major recession for years and missed  out on the earnings investors made from 2008 to date.

However, there is no way it will continue when the realities of the Pandemic sink in. We are still in the first wave and the second may be as bad. However I see no lessening of folks resisting wearing a mask. Forget the politics, that's just delusional. I'm a Medical Lab Technologist and can read the peer reviewed papers in the medical and biology journals. We still see the folks who still think it's hype, not fact, continue to die. There are real flat earthers too, but smaller numbers.

I am not political when it comes to pathogens and neither are the the pathogens be they bacteria, virus', one celled organisms, parasites, rickettsia, or prions. Once we know the transmission method we interrupt it while working on the treatment/cure/vaccine. We can predict the results if ignored or the infection is fought with whatever tools we have. We knew it was droplet but it is now considered an airborne infection. Masks, self quarantine, spacing, social distancing, and awareness. Followed by antiviral vaccines and meds as we find them.

I think folks react toward Tesla as they do this Pandemic. They're denying their fears and hanging on to anything that helps them be unafraid. Elon Musk helped disrupt electronic payments,  disrupted the oil industry, disrupted the Automotive industry, has battery storage for homes with solar making night time power easily handled with the stored electricity of Tesla Powerwalls, and Solar solutions.

I always said I would invest in Space X if it ever went public but that is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

However, I believe that StarLink will IPO and fund the Mars missions. And disrupt the Cable, Cell data, and streaming industries. I may even hold my cash for a year to help and invest once they begin to ramp up service worldwide.

But like everything mentioned above, the timing is impossible to gauge.

These are exciting times to be alive!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I'm still kicking my arse for not getting in when you first suggested Tesla stock.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

27 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

I'm still kicking my arse for not getting in when you first suggested Tesla stock.

Don"t feel bad, I sold mine at $500, should have had more faith in Elon.

Edited by jcussen

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

Hey jcussen! I now know. No way to get a grip on Tesla until you own the stock or the cars or both!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

9 hours ago, RV_ said:

Hey jcussen! I now know. No way to get a grip on Tesla until you own the stock or the cars or both!

Upside is that if some proposed policies are ever enacted, Tesla stocks will rise, and my used Tesla will all of a sudden, be worth a lot of money!

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

1 hour ago, jcussen said:

Upside is that if some proposed policies are ever enacted, Tesla stocks will rise, and my used Tesla will all of a sudden, be worth a lot of money!

I think the stock will be volatile but creep upward indefinitely and have spurts like the past two months, even lows because of the shorts who seem masochistic to short Tesla. Then they get mad at Tesla and Musk for succeeding! LMAO!

Between the Energy division for home and the trucks, both consumer and heavy duty class 8 or more, and Musk's standalone StarLink when completed and his new direction rumored in battery chemistry. I am glad my son kept his through the bottom ($170/180?) of 2019. I just wish I'd bought another 1000 shares at that time too.

Weird_Science_Facepalm_01.gif

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

37 minutes ago, RV_ said:

I think the stock will be volatile but creep upward indefinitely and have spurts like the past two months, even lows because of the shorts who seem masochistic to short Tesla. Then they get mad at Tesla and Musk for succeeding! LMAO!

Between the Energy division for home and the trucks, both consumer and heavy duty class 8 or more, and Musk's standalone StarLink when completed and his new direction rumored in battery chemistry. I am glad my son kept his through the bottom ($170/180?) of 2019. I just wish I'd bought another 1000 shares at that time too.

Weird_Science_Facepalm_01.gif

This is what I was referring to:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-06/ocasio-cortez-s-electric-car-charging-measure-lifts-tesla-shares

Yep, the ICE age is over! (ICE = Internal Combustion Engine)

C0a6PVJl.jpg

LxRQHoml.jpg

The whole Wiki with related articles, links and sources is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase-out_of_fossil_fuel_vehicles

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

18 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Ray,

I get that a lot. I've been knowing this from 2003/4 when Musk became Tesla's main investor and CEO.

Mine is that despite telling others to stay the course through the coming sideways trading to a low as usual, I was so engrossed in buying one of the very expensive houses here, and just held on for longer than I should have. At least my son kept his shares.

omgexcite.jpg

Here's a Tesla Bear:

Sun_Bear.jpg

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Tesla closed at $1544.65 and is now after closing just a couple of bucks lower at $1543.00! MY shares would have been $1.543 million!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998