BlueFire scanner

Ronbo

I'm not sure you are supposed to hook ELD's and brakes to the Volvo HD-OBD port?  It is missing data and doesn't lock, so I think Volvo wants you to go into the fuse panel and grab power from the fuses and data from the terminating resistor connection.  Use a harness like this, then Y off of that.

https://www.amazon.com/Volvo-Harness-9-Pin-Deutsch-J1939/dp/B07T2FD6DS/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=MasterELD&qid=1581408130&sr=8-11

Yes, for other trucks be real careful to use the right color harness for the right color plug, and that your splitter is actually a splitter and not a crossover cable.  On the GREEN plug your vehicle 1939 is on pins F-G and not C-D like it had been for 20 years with black.  C-D is 500K engine diagnostic.  If you somehow end up with a 500K device on your 250K vehicle can it'll error out the can and if you have an automatic it'll get the dinging F error and shift itself to neutral until you unplug the thing, no matter where you happen to be.  It friggen sucks.  This is a 2016-2019 non-Volvo motor thing (I think that is how you get your HD-OBD plug?) and can get mighty confusing amongst all the truck brands.  EPA forced the 500K for their use and everyone read the rule differently... 

2019+ has a new "RP1226" connector that is standardized so it is the same for everybody.  They don't want you using the diagnostic connector for anything but diagnosing anymore.  There's 9-pin adapters out there that will hook to it.

QFEIIci32fAfFLWk.mediumBeeIV1YiIrkZnWCf.medium

Scrap, that is the plug in the new trucks that you show above. The Direclink plugs into it and seems to work fine. Should it not be using it?

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Looks like a nice unit.  Just for the record, I am still running my Silverleaf VMSpc on my Volvo D12 into a netbook on the dash.  It has worked flawlessly for 5+ years.  I can design my own gauges and select from virtually any truck or motorhome engine ever built.  The number of gauges displayed is dependent on your wishes and screen space available.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

If you already have the silver leaf I wouldn’t change. If you are comfortable with the software then why change. If you like to play, you can download this device and see if it will work with silver leaf. It might benefit some people that are having trouble with their gauges.

Edited by Ronbo

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime