Sumter County DMV

Is anyone familiar with how Sumter Co registers full timers? Our resident mail service is in Clay county and on our trip to convert our registrations and drivers licenses, we were missing a document and couldn't get it don'e. My understanding from the Clay Co DMV rep, is they register the fifth wheel first, using the mail service address and then everything else has the tag number of the FW as the residence and the mailing service as the mailing address. She said all other DMV will mess it up. My problem is, Green Cove Springs is 2-1/2 hours away and Bushnell is 20 minutes. If Bushnell does it the way Green Cove Springs does, I can save myself the better part of a day. Appreciate all the advice of this group.

Rick

Are you camping in Florida? Or have a residence, if so why not use that address. Otherwise I'd just grit my teeth and follow the directions the mail forwarder gave you. It is a one time thing after all. But you could always call the local people where you are and ask them how they do it.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:14 PM, agesilaus said:

Are you camping in Florida? Or have a residence, if so why not use that address. Otherwise I'd just grit my teeth and follow the directions the mail forwarder gave you. It is a one time thing after all. But you could always call the local people where you are and ask them how they do it.

I did call them and still couldn't determine how they do it. I bit the bullet and made the trip to Green Cove Springs today. With an appointment they handle everything at once and are very used to doing full time RV'ers. I can't recommend enough the Clay county office and mail service in Green Cove Springs.