Tentrr???

agesilaus

Many years ago I was heading from Topeka to Florida and looked for a place to tent camp for the night.  Just north of Nashville I stopped for fuel and asked if the guy knew someplace I could stop for the night, and not a big campground.  He told me about a guy with some acres who would accommodate me.  He provided directions and when I met the guy he offered me the use of his field and I was welcome to fish in his well-stocked pond.  He wanted two good catfish.  I caught four and gave him two and I had a quiet and peaceful night.  I made a couple of extra stops in Georgia to see families of USAF buddies and while they offered me a room with a bed, I declined and they suggested a couple of places, one near Macon and the other just before the Florida line, near Valdosta.   For the next few years I tent camped that way.  Stopping and asking worked for me.  A spot for the night was free with no strings.  Only one other person asked for a favor.  Once I set up I ran into town and picked up some supplies for them and that was it.  Best way to see the USA.

Maybe this  is easier to read: quote Mr Camper:

Many years ago I was heading from Topeka to Florida and looked for a place to tent camp for the night.  Just north of Nashville I stopped for fuel and asked if the guy knew someplace I could stop for the night, and not a big campground.  He told me about a guy with some acres who would accommodate me.  He provided directions and when I met the guy he offered me the use of his field and I was welcome to fish in his well-stocked pond.  He wanted two good catfish.  I caught four and gave him two and I had a quiet and peaceful night.  I made a couple of extra stops in Georgia to see families of USAF buddies and while they offered me a room with a bed, I declined and they suggested a couple of places, one near Macon and the other just before the Florida line, near Valdosta.   For the next few years I tent camped that way.  Stopping and asking worked for me.  A spot for the night was free with no strings.  Only one other person asked for a favor.  Once I set up I ran into town and picked up some supplies for them and that was it.  Best way to see the USA.

Edited by hemsteadc

It doesn't sound like they accommodate people with an RV.

Tentrr charges CampKeepers a one-time fee of $6,500 for a kit that Tentrr staff build and set up on each property, including a canvas expedition tent on a wooden platform, a queen-sized memory-foam mattress with featherbed toppers, wooden crates for storage, two Adirondack chairs, a Brazilian wood picnic table, a stone firepit, a woodburning stove, cookware, sun shower, and a portable toilet. The fee also covers a listing on Tentrr’s app, liability insurance, 24-7 customer support and marketing, and photography. 

home-camper.jpg

Tentrr is a NYC-based technology company building the largest peer-to-peer marketplace of campsites on privately-owned land and reinventing the infrastructure of how people enjoy the great outdoors. Tentrr installs fully-equipped, high-quality individual campsite kits on beautiful pieces of property. Its dynamic search and booking platform makes experiential tourism dirt simple.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI