Tesla's furious rally pushes market value past $100 billion

RV_

Tesla shares went over $591.78 today. While many felt I'd held it longer than they would have, 2010 to 2018 , I've consistently posted here and on Seeking Alpha as AreV, that it would go over $400 within a year and it did. Earlier I told everyone from 2010, and still chronicled in Are You still in thread from 2011, that the stock would go to $1000.00 one day when their Energy division matures. Along the last 8/9 years I've encountered derision, absurd conspiracy theories about Elon Musk and Tesla by short sellers and agenda media alike, by that I mean funded by the the Koch Brothers and their ilk. (Koch brothers assault: https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=U528DF&PC=U528&q=koch+brothers+spend+millions+against+ztesla

I just wish all my friends had bought and held Tesla. It's the only individual stock I'd ever bought at the time and for years after. I've made one more that is long term and is already under attack in so similar ways Tesla was attacked. I sold at $348 on the way down in 2018 because I did not want to wait until it came back up, and I called that dip and return pretty close. It exceeded my hopes at $348 and we got ahead so far it's absurd. But yes, I could have held it, or re-bought 1000 shares when it dipped well below $200 ($175?) When I sold I admit I knew I'd see this rise, but I honestly thought it would take another year to go over $500.

Excerpt:

"Shares of the electric carmaker were up 8.1% at $591.78 in late morning trading, continuing their furious rally that has more than doubled the share price in the last three months.

It “speaks to the inflection in electric vehicle demand globally,” Wedbush analyst Dan Ives wrote in an email.

“The skeptics have been proven wrong, and the $100 billion market cap is sending the bears into hibernation mode.”

The milestone comes less than a month after Tesla’s stock crossed $420, the price at which Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk had tweeted he would take the electric-car maker private.

“The liquidity concern for now is off the table, and that opens up the ... base to new investors,” said Ben Kallo, senior research analyst at Robert W. Baird & Co., which on Jan. 9 downgraded its rating on the stock to neutral."

Source:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-stocks-idUSKBN1ZL24Z

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Man Tesla is like a ROCKET. But rockets have to come back down to Earth. It is going up way to fast in a short period of time. If you bought on 5/27/19, only 9 months ago you would be up 864.37% today. That is CRAZY and scary. But someone just bought JUNE or July puts saying that it would reach $800 by then for 1.8 million dollars, US dollars.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

When Tesla announced the Cybertruck the stock fell to $333 because the naysayers said it would never sell, [now 250000+ preorders] I should have bought. Today Tesla finally reported a profit last quarter and aftermarket trading today was $648. I can believe $800 in the future.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

🤣Chirakawa, that article had me in stitches. If you go over to "Are You Still In" thread that kind of Koch brother funded Kaka keeps getting cranked out. Thanks for the laugh from the author's attempt at scorn and condescension. Well selected for a good belly laugh.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Jcussen,

On 05/27/2019 Tesla closed at $185.16. I was in the middle of the movers and missed that low. Tesla 2019 low

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

5 hours ago, RV_ said:

🤣Chirakawa, that article had me in stitches. If you go over to "Are You Still In" thread that kind of Koch brother funded Kaka keeps getting cranked out. Thanks for the laugh from the author's attempt at scorn and condescension. Well selected for a good belly laugh.

Yep, makes you wonder how he got a column to write in the first place.  If he lives long enough, there will be a correction in Tesla stock and he'll say that he told you so.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I have read some CRAZY number on people are thinking 5k a share in 2025. Those shorts must be really getting SQUEEZED. As Tesla has 18.64% of floats shorted. That is a HUGE red flag when investing. Makes me wonder what the shorts know that I do not. I have always loved Tesla and the goal of them. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I for one am glad the shorts got their comeuppance. They have been knowingly passing along outright fabrications mixed in with all kinds of negative spin from the beginning. Non engineers saying electric cars are not feasible, trying to say they all catch fire, and somehow someone got to Consumer Reports who with no warning suddenly did a 180 and withdrew their safest car rating? Then gave it back two years later?

I don't make stock recommendations. I'm not a day trader, nor try to pretend to be a stock analyst. When Musk came along, I just "Grokked" him! If you don't understand the reference, no sense explaining it. The Koch Brothers spent multi millions of dollars with anti Tesla paid placements anything to keep their hold on the energy needs of a world. Cheap or free energy? Nah, to them that is a recurring nightmare. That is not a rant just statements of facts, no anger. Like when I pointed out in another thread that no one was on topic when I came there to post the latest about the Corona virus and provide a link to the dashboard mapping its spread. I saw a thread already existed so read through the three pages and grinned at the off topic comments about vaxxers and anti? Then everyone misread my observation as upset. Dudes, please

I've said the shorts would get squeezed and they did. While they were spouting lies I'd correct them with the facts and a link to a valid original source, and on Seeking Alpha they'd act like getting at the truth was an insult. The shorts were either incredibly stupid, or knew the Kool aid was tainted as they passed along the outright lies hoping to make some money. I'm not talking about here but Seeking Alpha and Barron's online. Man those folks even had their BEVs and hybrids mixed up.

I think Tesla will go further. I just called my city utility manager and found they're considering helping homeowners buy Tesla Powerwalls and determine which other energy storage and distributed generation they will add to their infrastructure and provide customer incentives who purchase,

Interesting times indeed.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998