Who is going & from where?

My wife & I registered last week for the Rock Springs, WY Escapade. We're from Folsom, CA (think Johnny Cash... 25 miles east of Sacramento on the way to S. Lake Tahoe) & can't wait to attend. 

We'll take two days in our Class A to get there... 1st night around Winnemucca, NV & 2nd night around SLC, arriving in Rock Springs on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting lots of people, sharing info (and food & drinks), learning and planning new adventures.

Joan and I registered a while back and will be arriving on Saturday.  I am not sure exactly where we will be coming from yet......probably somewhere in Colorado.  Right now, we are in Alpine, TX.

Mike & Joan
2006 Volvo 780
2008 KZ Escalade Sportster 41CKS
2001 Honda XR650R
2018 Kymco Spade 150

3 hours ago, mb36912 said:

Joan and I registered a while back and will be arriving on Saturday.  I am not sure exactly where we will be coming from yet......probably somewhere in Colorado.  Right now, we are in Alpine, TX.

Looking forward to meeting you and Joan. We registered for full hookups in the XScapers area (not sure if we'll get XScapers area, but received confirm that we are registered for full HU).

We will be there too, but will leave from near Dallas, TX and plan to make stops in Kansas and Colorado on the way. Our staff job requires us to be there early so give me a shout when you get there. I work with security so just ask any of the security team to get in touch. We always look forward to meeting new Escapee friends. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We registered just shortly after it opened up and will be arriving early. We will be coming from Indiana as the Indiana Chapter is hosting the Tri-Rally with two other states. In fact, we had to change the date of the rally to a week earlier to ensure that everyone that wanted to attend Escapade would have enough time to travel there.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

10 hours ago, packnrat said:

i am out of calaveras county ca, just a short south of you  toni giancoli,

but planing on heading out a week or two early to make a couple “other stops”.

be back home into the rat race in time for double pay on the 4th.

In my neck of the woods.  I'm between Jackson and Valley Springs.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

12 hours ago, Tony Giancoli said:

Sounds like a lot coming from the Sac/ Gold Country area.

With about 1200 full hookup RV sites available and plenty of areas for dry camping, we hope to have lots of people coming from all directions! If this is your first Escapade, be sure to attend the reception for first time attendees!

13 hours ago, Tony Giancoli said:

Sounds like a lot coming from the Sac/ Gold Country area. Hope to meet you all there or along the way,

We are from Antioch. Still trying to make it work with our schedule.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

I’m going to be there - my first Escapade!  I also signed up for RV Boot Camp, so I’ll be there a couple of days early.

I’ll be in Riverside California the last week of April and will be more or less meandering toward Rock Springs after that.  I’ll be coming from the west, but hadn’t really thought about routes and such.

But now that I am thinking about it, perhaps I-15 up to St. George, stop at Capital Reef (never been there), along Highway 12, then up into Idaho before heading to Rock Springs.  At the moment I’m back in Quartzsite and staying more or less in one spot until the middle of March (though I could be talked into going to Nevada and Valley of Fire easily enough if I get bored here).

Harriet

11 hours ago, fpmtngal said:

I also signed up for RV Boot Camp, so I’ll be there a couple of days early.

Arrival day is also important so time your arrival to get parked in time to be there for the first class. Boot Camp starts on Thursday so plan to arrive early to allow time to get setup before your first class. If possible I would plan to arrive at the grounds by 10 am but no earlier than 8 am. Thursday arrivals are Boot Camp attendees, staff, and vendors so be sure to display your arrival documents so that you can be easily parked in the proper area. 

As you head toward Rock Springs, keep in mind that you will be going up in altitude and spring doesn't arrive as early there as it does in Riverside. Snow is not unusual in the higher altitudes well into May.

9 hours ago, Kirk W said:

If possible I would plan to arrive at the grounds by 10 am but no earlier than 8 am. Thursday arrivals are Boot Camp attendees, staff, and vendors so be sure to display your arrival documents so that you can be easily parked in the proper area. 

Thanks for the heads up as I hadn’t picked up on the times. Looks like I’ll want to stay as close to Rock Springs as I can get Wednesday night. Guess I better start thinking about that.

1 hour ago, fpmtngal said:

Looks like I’ll want to stay as close to Rock Springs as I can get Wednesday night.

It would make it easier for you if you did that. There are RV parks in both Green River and also Rock Springs. You will be receiving more information from your registration as the date gets closer to explain when to arrive and what you will need to have available. It will be mailed out to you well before the arrival date. 

Thanks again for the heads up, I just made a reservation at a campground in Rock Springs.

Does anyone else think all this technology amazing?  I’m camping without any hookups on a patch of Arizona desert in the middle of nowhere (not far from Quartzsite is in the middle of nowhere), with only a few other rigs at a distance and on a Sunday night I’m booking a campground reservation in Wyoming for June after a suggestion made a few hours earlier by someone in Texas.  I sure do take it for granted now.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:22 AM, Kirk W said:

As you head toward Rock Springs, keep in mind that you will be going up in altitude and spring doesn't arrive as early there as it does in Riverside. Snow is not unusual in the higher altitudes well into May.

Probably a dumb question - is there going to be somewhere easy to get propane if I need it or should I plan on topping off my tanks before I arrive?  While I saw mention in the literature about holding tanks and the hookups (I do have a full-hookup site), I don’t remember reading anything about the possibility of getting propane tanks filled anywhere handy.  That’s a detail I could easily overlook if I’ve been camping with hookups mostly.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:24 AM, fpmtngal said:

Probably a dumb question - is there going to be somewhere easy to get propane if I need it or should I plan on topping off my tanks before I arrive?  

While here is not usually a propane vendor who delivers to the Escapade, there is an AmriGas vender at 201 Industrial Dr. named V1 Propane and also a Flying J truck stop at the same exit and closer to I-80. 

Edited by Kirk W

• 10 months later...

Hello everybody. New to this forum and Escapees, trying to find out more details  on the Escapade in Rock Springs. I see people are already registering, and I can't find where to do that! Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog