Boondock a lot? check this out

Ray,IN

63G inbed water tank fits behind pin hitch,

https://www.horsetraileraccessorystore.com/63-Gallon-Truck-Bed-Water-Tank-Caddy_p_572.html

Company is in Sandy, OR.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Looks like something that would come in handy.  Don't think I would have it full while 5th wheel is hooked up, but would be get to run town and fill and bring back to the rig.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

35 minutes ago, dennisvr said:

Looks like something that would come in handy.  Don't think I would have it full while 5th wheel is hooked up, but would be get to run town and fill and bring back to the rig.

If you plan to use it for that, maybe a bladder tank might work better.  Can be collapsed when not in use and can use for larger volume of water.  

Marcel

8 hours ago, rpsinc said:

If you plan to use it for that, maybe a bladder tank might work better.  Can be collapsed when not in use and can use for larger volume of water.  

I have the bladder tank and have used it a couple times.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

On 1/16/2020 at 8:56 AM, dennisvr said:

Don't think I would have it full while 5th wheel is hooked up, but would be get to run town and fill and bring back to the rig.

I agree. Full that would add an extra 525 pounds or so behind the axle. Add that and pin weight and those of us with pickups would run the risk  of overloading the truck.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

i have a bladder for behind the hitch and in front of the tail gate. works great and folds up ( after drying it out) when not in use.

dry co2 ( or any non flammable dry pressurized gas) works great just use at very very low psi. no need to treat the bladder as a balloon.

drys it out real quick, as opposed to just letting it dry on the “line”

• 1 month later...

I always used a 55 gallon barrel set crosswise in the box ahead of the hitch.  Barrel was free. $10 worth of hardware. I hooked this little 12 volt air compressor to the schrader valve and it pushed water through a hose and filled the camper. Worked really good until the compressor burned up. It was a cheap one form Walmart.

Since I'm HDT now strap 2 barrels down to the bed and use the trucks air to push water out. I am wanting to hook up an RV pump to it. Then I can hook the hose into the city water connection. It should work the same as pulling from the camper water tank. Second pic is of me testing it the first time I put it together. I was surprised how well it pushed the water with just air pressure from a cheap compressor.

GEFyDRBl.jpg

yZlJRAvl.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

I wonder if it would work as a black tank as well? Get 2, one for fresh water one for black tank. Would just have to figure out a way to pump it out without making a mess!!!

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

3 hours ago, rpsinc said:

Not sure I would want to trust a bladder to transport human waste.  Lots of variables could lead to damage of the bladder and the results could be messy.

I agree!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I would never use a bladder for a black tank. I was talking about the 63 Gallon Truck Bed Water Tank Caddy linked in the OPs thread. In the picture it looks like a solid plastic tank not much different to the material used in a black tank on your RV. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

On 3/9/2020 at 10:35 AM, Twotoes said:

I wonder if it would work as a black tank as well? Get 2, one for fresh water one for black tank. Would just have to figure out a way to pump it out without making a mess!!!

Not just a "mess" - a bio-hazard! 

Don't know where you travel, in many jurisdictions - -city, county, state, fed - - a spill (the mess) could result in a Haz-Mat clean up (and/or citation) and you footing the bill for the response & clean up - as well as the fine...☹️

Accidental discharge *may* (depending on the situation - quantity, etc.) get you off the hook for a fine - but still responsible for a "professional" clean-up. As a former Haz-Mat team member, I can vouch for the above as very factual.

On 3/12/2020 at 6:00 PM, Twotoes said:

Pappy, I meant pump out into a sewer connection. I would never propose dumping anywhere else. 

Along this subject, one of the local city sewer plants allows free RV black tank dumping in a specific area of the plant works.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...

i do not work for the “bladder company. or kniw much of hiw it was made.

but as long as you are not using any chem. should work out great, but only for transportation.

then dot regs? for transporting human by products.would this bladder fit in them?

and you would ( as in a must) us a macerator pump to fill it. as the hoses (in and out) are not even med flow rated.

just make sure you remember what is fresh and what is the black bladder. as a oops might not be very good.

I wasn’t recommending using the bladder as a black tank. I was recommending using the truck bed hard tank as posted by the OP as a black tank rather than a fresh tank. It is the same material as any black tank on our RVs only smaller. The issue is how to dump/pump it into a sewer dump station.  

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

On 3/13/2020 at 9:57 PM, Ray,IN said:

Along this subject, one of the local city sewer plants allows free RV black tank dumping in a specific area of the plant works.

That's not unusual. It's worth checking into if your local park is closed.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van