2020 West Coast Rally - Now w/Schedule

Chad Heiser

Also, a reminder to all attendees, if you have any pictures you want to share with the group get them to me and I will host them for all attendees.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

Great meeting everyone. Glad we were able to make it up for a couple of days.

Made the first cut on the bed, committed now!

Glad you could make it too.  Good luck with the bed tweaks.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

Howdy All,

We got home yesterday, June 27th, some of us spent a few days after the rally playing with our SxS's in a near by BLM campground off road riding area.

Thanks Chad, for another fine rally we all appreciate the work you put into making this an annual event that does the HDT community proud.  I have attended 5 National HDT Rallies, they are great events I am NOT putting the National down in any way but the WCR is a lot more FUN, because it's smaller but growing every year it's easier to meet and spend time with others, we have events like the wine tour, painting classes, and the day at the gun range that make this a more interesting event which allows us to participate and share knowledge in things other then HDT's which makes this event so much more personal in nature.

I fell down on the job of picture taking this year but I did take some of the Elks dinner, the social hour and pot luck, and of course I got a photo of everyone's rig that I could find.  I'll post a link to the photos when I have them up on my photo web page, anyone is welcome to use these photos for personal use please don't use them for commercial purposes.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I made it home last night.  I stopped in Gardnerville to visit with friends for a couple of days a get one more day of SXS riding in.  Now that I am home, I will start compiling everything to share with the attendees.

event.png    

Howdy All,

Click this link to be taken to the photos I took during this years WCR,  there are photos of the Elks Club dinner, the pot luck dinner, our trucks and a few of our boondocking SxS camping on BLM land.  Feel free to use these photos for personal use, please NO commercial use, thank you.

https://mr-cob.smugmug.com/2020-West-Coast-Heavy-Duty-Truck-Rally/

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
cuz i kant sqel

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Sooo, while at the rally I was hunkered down at times editing a video review on the hitch on my truck. The international 4700 with the dragon on the side. Once home, I shot the final bits and put the review up on YouTube. Several of you asked about the hitch... here's the scoop.

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

On 6/28/2020 at 12:05 PM, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

We got home yesterday, June 27th, some of us spent a few days after the rally playing with our SxS's in a near by BLM campground off road riding area.

Dave, is this a place you can boondock for a couple of days.  I'm looking for a place to go, I'm going bat-sh!t crazy just sitting around.  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

10 hours ago, dennisvr said:

Dave, is this a place you can boondock for a couple of days.  I'm looking for a place to go, I'm going bat-sh!t crazy just sitting around.  

Howdy dennisvr,

We were camping on BLM land an actual off road riding area, you can camp there two weeks for FREE.  There are many large parking-camping area no water no power no garbage bins there are some tolits.

google, Hemingway, off road area it’s about 20 miles south of Napa Idaho, just a few miles off of Hwy 45.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

7 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy dennisvr,

We were camping on BLM land an actual off road riding area, you can camp there two weeks for FREE.  There are many large parking-camping area no water no power no garbage bins there are some tolits.

google, Hemingway, off road area it’s about 20 miles south of Napa Idaho, just a few miles off of Hwy 45.

Dave

Thanks Dave,  I will check it out.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

To all the attendees.  I am working on compiling the information/pictures from the rally that I have.  I will hopefully send out a link some time this weekend.  (Work really gets in the way of stuff. 😧)

event.png    

Retirement is helpful...but there's never enough time, even then.

Bob & Lisa. 

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

On 7/2/2020 at 6:07 AM, Chad Heiser said:

To all the attendees.  I am working on compiling the information/pictures from the rally that I have.  I will hopefully send out a link some time this weekend.  (Work really gets in the way of stuff. 😧)

Howdy Chad,

As this is a family rated web site, please be careful when using four letter words, the "work" in particular is most offensive.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Chad,

As this is a family rated web site, please be careful when using four letter words, the "work" in particular is most offensive.

Dave

I’m trying to take that word out of my vocabulary, but it is going to take me a couple more years.

event.png    

12 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I’m trying to take that word out of my vocabulary, but it is going to take me a couple more years.

Howdy Chad,

Most of us know how difficult it is or was to suffer under that burden, as "Dollytrolly", would say, drive on we are all pulling for you. :D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

23 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Chad,

Dave

LOMAO..... Oops... that might not be family rated.... and I'm still having to do that as well.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

• Phil D unpinned this topic