Chad Heiser

2020 West Coast Rally - Now w/Schedule

I’m leaving Saturday morning.  I’m going to make the trip in a day.  I’ve done it coming home a few times, but never going there.  Coming home I have the luxury of gaining an hour due to the time zone difference.  Going there I will obviously loose an hour.  Psychologically I like gaining an hour better.  It makes the trip seem shorter 😜.  I should pull in some time later Saturday evening.  It will all depend on what time I hit the road (it’s about a 12 hour drive for me).  The tanks are full so I will only have to stop for convenience breaks as needed.  I do need to wash the truck at some point.  It is filthy, but I’m not sure when or where I will do that.  Maybe Monday morning at the local truck wash since it might rain on Sunday in Caldwell.  We will see how things go.

Edited by Chad Heiser

About 7 of us here already. Supposed to rain Saturday day and night  and the latest is Sunday morning for rain and getting better later in the day.  Almost 90 today and about 60 tomorrow then starts warming back up.

Dave

I’m all packed up and ready to hit the road in the morning.  Hopefully I’m not driving in a bunch of rain, but maybe it will help clean the truck some. 😉

Howdy All,

Just got finished loading the SxS, cloths, food, all packed, only thing left to load up is the pellet smoker grill, I am more then READY to leave from this awful weather.  The first couple of weeks in early April when we came home from Arizona the weather here at home was wonderful, 60 degrees and SUNSHINE for a couple of weeks unheard of that time of year for this area, then it went back to RAIN and GLOOM ever since, 52 degrees and RAIN today. 

We will leave tomorrow morning, fuel up, put some fresh water in the tank and then just take our time probably spending Sunday night at a rest stop a few miles east of La Grand Oregon, pull into the rally Monday morning sometime.

Chad, I need to get my truck and trailer washed, its filthy now and will get worse on the way to the rally when you go to the local truck wash could you get the address and pass it on, thanks.

Dave, Donna, Newt and Willy

Hi Dave,

Chad and I had our rigs washed at this place last year and,they did a good job. It's right by the Flying J by the Ambassador RV park....very convenient.

4 hours ago, RickS said:

Hi Dave,

Chad and I had our rigs washed at this place last year and,they did a good job. It's right by the Flying J by the Ambassador RV park....very convenient.

Howdy Rick,

Looking at the photo on the web site, that looks like the place we stopped before going to last years WCR but they were closed.  Thanks for the link Now I'll be able to find them.

Sure going to miss visiting with you and your bride, hopefully our trails will cross again soon.

Dave

5 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Just got finished loading the SxS, cloths, food, all packed, only thing left to load up is the pellet smoker grill, I am more then READY to leave from this awful weather.  The first couple of weeks in early April when we came home from Arizona the weather here at home was wonderful, 60 degrees and SUNSHINE for a couple of weeks unheard of that time of year for this area, then it went back to RAIN and GLOOM ever since, 52 degrees and RAIN today. 

We will leave tomorrow morning, fuel up, put some fresh water in the tank and then just take our time probably spending Sunday night at a rest stop a few miles east of La Grand Oregon, pull into the rally Monday morning sometime.

Chad, I need to get my truck and trailer washed, its filthy now and will get worse on the way to the rally when you go to the local truck wash could you get the address and pass it on, thanks.

Dave, Donna, Newt and Willy

Looking forward to seeing you guys again.  I drove through some rain and gloom to get to Caldwell today (Saturday) and it continued to rain into the night here, but it looks like things will be clearing up for the rally.

The link Rick provided is the place I was going to give as well.  It is behind the Flying J down the street from the RV park.  I am probably going to run my truck there Monday morning to give it a sprucing up.  My trailer may have to suffer through being a little dirty because now that it is set up I probably won’t break it down just for a wash (although it isn’t nearly as bad as the truck).

see you guys when you get here.

3 hours ago, RickS said:

bN3uPBc84LfkXDH5wp1-I8T7Cm0Kz1wcaMKbgMlg

Not sure if it is because I am on my iPad or what, but the picture you posted doesn’t show.

Wish you guys were here.  You will be missed.

Yeah we are going miss visiting with you and all the good friends we have made in your fine country. This has been the most frustrating year that I can remember not being able to travel anywhere. Please say hi to everyone from us...have a great time at the rally and stay safe 

Just checked my laptop and I can even see the picture in your quote.....Apple products!!! 🙂 It's just a map image from the site over to the truck wash.

4 minutes ago, RickS said:

Just checked my laptop and I can even see the picture in your quote.....Apple products!!! 🙂 It's just a map image from the site over to the truck wash.

Ok thanks.  I thought it might be on my end.  

PS - you are up late.

We are getting a really large thunder storm and it pounding rain so couldn't sleep anyway. Is the wine tour still on? That was sure a lot of fun.

Just now, RickS said:

We are getting a really large thunder storm and it pounding rain so couldn't sleep anyway. Is the wine tour still on? That was sure a lot of fun.

The wine tour is on, but slightly modified.  The wineries have group size restrictions so we will be divided up into three tour vehicles to meet the restrictions.  Each vehicle will go to the same wineries, but in different orders.

That's great! So many changes with this covid-19 in our province we have had low case counts but with the new opening phases over the past 10 days the cases have been rising again. Stay safe.

18 hours ago, RickS said:

Yeah we are going miss visiting with you and all the good friends we have made in your fine country. This has been the most frustrating year that I can remember not being able to travel anywhere. Please say hi to everyone from us...have a great time at the rally and stay safe 

We will miss you for sure Rick. Jodi was pretty sad that you and your bride will not be here. (I was sad too). We rolled in Saturday and it was raining like crazy. We stopped by the truck wash you mentioned but no go until Monday. Guess we will try again then. Take care of yourself and hopefully we will cross trails soon. 

Hope you all have a great time!  We happened to run into EWACowboy yesterday at Hillgard Junction State Park.  We introduced ourselves and got acquainted.  Really enjoyed our visit!

The rally is officially underway.  We had a nice meet and great session tonight.  We have 30 + sites booked here at the RV park for our group with about 20 of those being first time attendees.  A lot of new faces this year and we are looking forward to a great week of rally events.

16 hours ago, hutchman said:

Hope you all have a great time!  We happened to run into EWACowboy yesterday at Hillgard Junction State Park.  We introduced ourselves and got acquainted.  Really enjoyed our visit!

Howdy Hutch,

we were going to stop and visit but I misplaced your phone number so couldn’t call.  When you get the time please PM it to me, thanks.

Dave

10 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Hutch,

we were going to stop and visit but I misplaced your phone number so couldn’t call.  When you get the time please PM it to me, thanks.

Dave

Dave,  tried to send a pm but it would not go to you.  I did send you a text!

16 hours ago, hutchman said:

Dave,  tried to send a pm but it would not go to you.  I did send you a text!

Howdy Hutch,

Got it thanks.

Dave

I will post a few pictures when I get home next week.  It is too hard to do on the forum with just my phone.

6 hours ago, RickS said:

Any pictures to post from the Rally!