2020 West Coast Rally - Now w/Schedule

Chad Heiser

3 hours ago, nawaa said:

We're looking forward to attending, just made our reservations with Ambassador and sent Chad an email. The activities sound fun, we're in for the range, the wine-tasting, and the painting class (maybe).

Glad to have you.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, trimster said:

We booked a site. Hopefully we will have our new truck.

Bob & Lisa

Excellent.  Have you sent me an email yet?  I’ll get some additional information from you.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

Just an update on the rally.

We have 19 site reservations confirmed already, which is the most we have ever had this early.  😀  The announcement has only been out for about a month, so I am very pleased with the interest so far.  I know there are several more people who have told me they will be coming, but haven't made reservations yet. It is looking like this could be our largest group yet.

Congratulations to those of you who made reservations early.  You were able to make your wine tour reservations with me.  Unfortunately for the rest of you, the wine tour is sold out!  Last year it took several months to sell out.  I guess the word got out on how much fun it was, because the seats went fast this year.  😉

I am also pleased to say that more than half of the reservations so far are newcomers to the WCR.  I am looking forward to meeting you all.

I am almost done with the schedule.  I am just waiting to here back from one possible presenter.  Once I have the schedule nailed down, I will post it and send it out to all the attendees.

For those of you who are considering coming, please make your reservations.  The park should have plenty of sites left for us, but they are not unlimited.

See you in June!

Edited by Chad Heiser

event.png    

Howdy Chad,

I just made our reservation for the WCR, really looking forward to another great rally.  If there are a couple of spots open, Donna and I would like to do the painting thing again, ONE T-Shirt in XL, and ONE in DXL please.  Thanks.

Dave, Donna, Newt and Willy 

Edited by mr. cob
Kus eye cant sqel

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

12 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Chad,

I just made our reservation for the WCR, really looking forward to another great rally.  If there are a couple of spots open, Donna and I would like to do the painting thing again, ONE T-Shirt in XL, and ONE in DXL please.  Thanks.

Dave, Donna, Newt and Willy 

Excellent.  See you guys in June.

12 hours ago, ewacowboy said:

Reservations made and email sent!  Looking forward to it again....

Very good.  We need our rally photographer/videographer.  😜

I also assume that means both of you guys still like us after we had to leave you in Quartzite.😄

Edited by Chad Heiser

event.png    

In interest in keeping this thread at the top of the page, I thought I would post again.

The Escapees RV club has printed two articles in their magazine that I wrote. Nov/Dec. 2013 is the first one. Jan/Feb 2020 is the last one. I also have an e-book "Driving you RV safely". Check these out and you will have an idea of what the seminar will be like.

This is my first WCR. One of my students have already sighed up for the rally.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

We are up to 26 site reservations, which ties for the most sites at the WCR.  Considering it is the beginning of March still, we are doing great.  There’s still a few people I know are considering coming, so this should be our biggest rally to date.  Looking forward to seeing everyone in June.

event.png    

Things are a little crazy out in Idaho right now. Hopefully they straighten out before you all get there. My cousin lives in Boise. She sent me these.

ZMsLabvl.jpg

PraEnthl.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Is the above just because of all the Californians moving there? 😉

event.png    

Rally Update.

I have two things for everyone.

1.  Proposed Group Dinner Out - At the last rally we discussed the possibility of having a dinner out with the group after the range day.  This would allow people to not have to return home and prepare a full meal after being away from the park, out in the sun most of the day.  One of our attendees is an Elk and contacted the local Elks Lodge (thank you Dave) and they are happy to host us for a dinner.  It looks like the cost will be under $20 per person with a proposed choice of either Rib eye Steak, Salmon or a Vegetarian meal (there are other meal possibilities if these don't appeal to everyone, but we will need to settle on a choice ahead of time).  The lodge has a large room that can accommodate our group, an on site bar and plenty of parking.  We are in the process of setting this up as an option for all attendees.

2.  Wine Tour - I have been in contact with our wine tour company.  For those that weren't with us last year, they have a 25 seat van they use for their tours (the All Aboard Fun Bus).  Last year we filled the bus, but I didn't sell the last seats until the first day of the rally.  This year, I had 25 seats sold within a month of announcing the rally and I have quite a few more requests above that now.  I initially thought the van was the limiting factor on how many people could go on the wine tour.  Through my conversations with the tour company, I found the reason they use a 25 seat van is because that is at the upper limit of how many people the winery tasting rooms can handle at a time.  With the knowledge the issue is a capacity limit at the wineries themselves and not a transportation limit, we discussed possible solutions.  The one we have come up with is the tour company will provide a second 15 passenger van that will tour the same wineries, but in a different order so we don't overwhelm the wineries with too many people at once.  This means we will have to break into two different tour groups, but I don't think that will be a big issue.  This (now) 40 person transportation capacity should accommodate all the requests for wine tours I have received so far and is now at the limit of what the tour company can handle.  

I will be sending out emails to all the registered attendees in the next week or so with the rally schedule, your wine tour and T-shirt confirmations and some other miscellaneous information, including whether or not you would like to attend the dinner at the Elks Lodge.  If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know.

See you in June!

event.png    

Howdy Chad,

Sir, you have outdone yourself as a rally master AND that is darn hard to do.

I think I can speak for all the attendees when I say THANKS for all the work you put into making the WCR the success that it is.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

16 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Chad,

Sir, you have outdone yourself as a rally master AND that is darn hard to do.

I think I can speak for all the attendees when I say THANKS for all the work you put into making the WCR the success that it is.

Dave

👍  Thanks Dave.

event.png    

7 hours ago, runaway parents said:

Looks like we wont be making the rally this year .Work has shut down. Started out the year strong. But has dried up. I don't know if its virus related but things are getting weird around here. Going to lock down unnecessary expenses til this thing blows over. Hopefully next year .

That’s too bad.  Hopefully next year works out.

event.png    

Well, I hope we can get through this world wide pandemic by June. You may know as Canadians traveling to the USA we must buy travel insurance and the current state of things there are no insurance company's covering any medical cost's associated with the COVID-19 virus if you travel out of country. God bless us through these trying times.

Canadians have been advised to return home.  This has put a damper on rehab jobs on Cruise ships all over the world.  We can't get there or get back.

Diesel prices just dropped another 8 cents today.  That's 10 weeks in a row.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_retail_diesel_price

I do FA on construction sites and the builders here still don't get it.  When workers begin taking time off sick or refusing work due to safety concerns maybe they will get the message.

I am currently planning the rally to go on as scheduled.  I am (hopefully) optimistic that things will have calmed down by June, but I am monitoring the situation.  We are not full timers and the rally trip is our one big trip of the year so we are not in a hurry to cancel it, but also will not take unnecessary risks if things have not changed by then.  Like I said, I am currently playing the optimist and hoping things will have calmed by then and will be back to, or at least closer to, normal by June. 

My current job in public safety keeps me up to date on the latest information.  There is a lot of panic that isn't necessarily fueled by the facts, but the situation is still serious and I am not looking to put anyone at any unnecessary risk.  As of this morning (3/16/20) there are 5 known cases of COVID-19 in the entire state of Idaho where the rally is being held, which is one of the lowest numbers for all of the US.  There are only a couple of states that have fewer reported cases.  (These numbers come direct from the CDC and individual state's public health websites.)  All I can say is we are going forward with the rally as of now, but will continue to monitor the situation and make decisions based on the facts as they are known at the time.

event.png    

Here in our province we had 18 new cases since yesterday. We also have a very accurate way of reporting factual numbers with a national public health care system. I also hope to be able to travel this summer to the rally but wouldn't do it with out travel insurance or without the lifting of the travel advisory from health Canada being lifted.

Edited by RickS

I remain optimistic that summer travel plans go on.

Rick, what province are you in? I remember asking you at the rally but I forgot.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

We are in Alberta.

We have been to all the West coast rally's since the start and would really miss this trip as it is our biggest planned trip of the year.

The amount of cases here in Canada are very much related to population base with Ontario and BC having the most cases as of today we have 74 cases in Alberta from last report. The USA has about 10 times the population we have here and from what I have seen from USA reports has about 10 times the cases we do. I hope that a vaccine is developed very soon so we can put this behind us.

Washington state is a hotspot, BC where I am is trying to solve the border xing potential problem.  X border trade for 1, lumber for instance.

I got a job rehabbing cruise ships but the firm is scrambling to get crews back to Canada from all over the world.  Going out of Country is not in the cards.