Suburban rv furnace replacement

Wrknrvr

I noticed that there is a new replacement furnace for a Suburban furnace. It is made by Suburban. As far as I can tell you just remove the old furnace from its outer housing and install it it the same housing. I think it is called a quiet furnace.

Curious if any  one has done this before. 

Safe Travels,    Vern

Vern, NO I haven't had to install any Suburban replacements HOWEVER I've had to remove a few (innards) from their housing for repairs (one typical is ignitor unit) and that's a fairly easy job, they slide right out the side of the RV while the outer housing and all the ductwork all stays in place. If I ever needed to replace one that sure sounds like the way to go, thanks for the info.

John T

If you buy the same model, the internal furnace itself will fit into the sheet metal housing. You have to deal with wires and gas connections. But you would not have to change any duct work. I don't know how much trouble it is to remove the interior parts from the sheet metal box.  It would help if we had a link to what you are noticing.

My suburban doesn't slide out the side of the RV. It only has two exhaust holes. It is removed from the interior face of the furnace. It could be less a pia to replace the whole box and furnace on my install. The brand Atwood does slide from the outside.

Edited by Sehc
spell check used an xtra t