high efficency solar panels

GlennWest

Not buying today but in the near future. See LG and Sun paneles in 350 watt with 60 cells and cheaper panels 350ish in 72 cells. They are bout twice the money. One can got more of the high end panels on with more wattage. Is it worth it? 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

The higher the efficiency the better, if you are going to cover your roof, as we are both planning to do. IMHO.

Sometimes Santan Solar (near of Phoenix) has some high efficiency Sun modules at discount prices. 

For instance, here are some older 327 watt E20 Sun's for only $110 ea. They are 96 cell, 60v panels but in the smaller 61″ x 41″ form factor. 

https://www.santansolar.com/product/sunpower-327w-e20/

They sometimes get remnants left over from big installations at more than fair prices, but in too small a quantity to advertise, so you need to call them when you are ready to buy to see what they have in stock.

I bought a couple panels from N. Arizona Wind and Solar in Flagstaff, because of the convenience. I mounted them on the side of my RV to leave the roof empty, because I plan to rack 9 panels there. They are nice, helpful folk with fair prices on accessories, wiring, etc. too. But If one were in the state, I think Santan Solar would be worth the drive for the savings on a large number of panels.

Chip

Edited by sushidog

On 1/2/2020 at 10:50 AM, sushidog said:

The higher the efficiency the better, if you are going to cover your roof, as we are both planning to do. IMHO.

Sometimes Santan Solar (near of Phoenix) has some high efficiency Sun modules at discount prices. 

For instance, here are some older 327 watt E20 Sun's for only $110 ea. They are 96 cell, 60v panels but in the smaller 61″ x 41″ form factor. 

https://www.santansolar.com/product/sunpower-327w-e20/

They sometimes get remnants left over from big installations at more than fair prices, but in too small a quantity to advertise, so you need to call them when you are ready to buy to see what they have in stock.

I bought a couple panels from N. Arizona Wind and Solar in Flagstaff, because of the convenience. I mounted them on the side of my RV to leave the roof empty, because I plan to rack 9 panels there. They are nice, helpful folk with fair prices on accessories, wiring, etc. too. But If one were in the state, I think Santan Solar would be worth the drive for the savings on a large number of panels.

Chip

I am using the Sunpower 327 watt panels also, easier to fit on an RV, and higher voltage means smaller wiring. They are 20% efficiency so better than many others.

Edited by jcussen

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.