Nice Tool

SuiteSuccess

46 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Carl,

Inquiring minds need to know. Do you own that tool ? It looks pretty cool. I have used a similar kind of tool. Really handy.

Happy New Year,

Al

No I don’t and don’t plan to buy one at present.  However, I perk up when Scrap starts giving advice although I don’t understand half of it.  He entices me to research what he’s advising which is a good thing.  So when he recommended those inserts to Mr. Cobb for his seat repair, I ran across this and thought it was cool.

P.S. I’m sure GeorgiaHybrid owns one that is Snap-On. 😜

Edited by SuiteSuccess

1 hour ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Washer, nut, and bolt. $90 saved.

That is my tool of choice for nutserts.  I dont use them as a subsitute for the nut and washer but rather to INSTALL the nutsert.  It works even when you dont have room for the fancy tool that uses 12+".

On 12/30/2019 at 7:46 AM, Darryl&Rita said:

Washer, nut, and bolt. $90 saved.

Howdy Darryl,

That's what I did, and it does work.  The tool would be great if you had a project that needed lots of threaded holes, however depending on where the hole is, there may not be room to use the tool.

Dave

Well, I have a big box of 3/8" steel nutcerts.  I also have a set of assorted aluminum nutcerts.  The tool for the aluminum is not strong enough to set the steel ones.  Rather than buy yet another tool I have had good luck simply tapping the nutcert into the 3/8" drilled hole, threading in a 1/4" grade 8 bolt with two well lubricated washers and simply tightening up the 1/4" bolt with a wrench or impact tool.  The only time this does not work is when the hole is too big and allows the nutcert to spin.