Nice Tool

SuiteSuccess

Think this is something like Scrap recommended for Mr. Cobb and his seat project.  They have a video of it in use.
https://craftsmancapitol.com/products/craftsmancapitol-premium-easy-automatic-rivet-tool?Placement=Facebook_Mobile_Feed&utm_source=Facebook_ads

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Hi Carl,

Inquiring minds need to know. Do you own that tool ? It looks pretty cool. I have used a similar kind of tool. Really handy.

Happy New Year,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

46 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Carl,

Inquiring minds need to know. Do you own that tool ? It looks pretty cool. I have used a similar kind of tool. Really handy.

Happy New Year,

Al

No I don’t and don’t plan to buy one at present.  However, I perk up when Scrap starts giving advice although I don’t understand half of it.  He entices me to research what he’s advising which is a good thing.  So when he recommended those inserts to Mr. Cobb for his seat repair, I ran across this and thought it was cool.

P.S. I’m sure GeorgiaHybrid owns one that is Snap-On. 😜

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

50 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Washer, nut, and bolt. $90 saved.

Ha, ha.  Doesn’t help much when you can’t reach the back side, which has been some of my projects lately.  Seems I’ve had a lot of single holes in one side of square tubing which this would help. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

1 hour ago, Darryl&Rita said:

That is my tool of choice for nutserts.  I dont use them as a subsitute for the nut and washer but rather to INSTALL the nutsert.  It works even when you dont have room for the fancy tool that uses 12+".

Marcel

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

22 minutes ago, rpsinc said:

That is my tool of choice for nutserts.  I dont use them as a subsitute for the nut and washer but rather to INSTALL the nutsert.  It works even when you dont have room for the fancy tool that uses 12+".

This.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

You can't have a shop working on these trucks without one of these!!   We use ours often. And Carl, you are right, I'd bet David has a SnapOn one......or maybe Matco, if he would stoop that low...  :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Actually, I use Astro Pneumatic for most of my rivet tools. For Rivnuts, this is the one I have:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CYD2NUU/?tag=crazytooldude-20

Dave, now I’m disappointed.  Surely it has a Snap-On sticker on it somewhere?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

On 12/30/2019 at 7:46 AM, Darryl&Rita said:

Howdy Darryl,

That's what I did, and it does work.  The tool would be great if you had a project that needed lots of threaded holes, however depending on where the hole is, there may not be room to use the tool.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Well, I have a big box of 3/8" steel nutcerts.  I also have a set of assorted aluminum nutcerts.  The tool for the aluminum is not strong enough to set the steel ones.  Rather than buy yet another tool I have had good luck simply tapping the nutcert into the 3/8" drilled hole, threading in a 1/4" grade 8 bolt with two well lubricated washers and simply tightening up the 1/4" bolt with a wrench or impact tool.  The only time this does not work is when the hole is too big and allows the nutcert to spin.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!