battery time

GlennWest

Went to crank up the ole Freightshaker Friday. Low voltage warning. Had been a few months since cranked so hooked up my charger. Let it charge at 10 amps for half a day and no difference. Left out to go to parts house and remember you guys saying good deals at dealerships. Stopped and called  Beaumont Freighliner. $73.00 if you buy at least 3. Wow. I rushed there and got those suckers.Truck cranks right up now. Thank you for that tip. Saved me abouit a $100 or more. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Been in that position Glenn. I now keep a battery minder on the truck. Sure is nice when it spins quickly.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

I normally do. Park we are in now, truck is in overflow parking. Not able to run a cord over there and not be in the way for someone possibly tripping. Going to get a 12v solar panel for it. Batteries were old though. Had had some starting isuses before but it started. It was time.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Batteries......  What a pita.  You never know when they'll decide to toss in the towel.  I have my oldest tractor in my shop now, and the batteries are marked 2/07.  My hand writing.  OTOH, I had to put a pair in another tractor this week that were only 6 years old.  Both tractors suffer the same level of neglect.  The batteries in the Volvo were new in about 2011 or 2012. 🤞

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I feel your pain. We have 5 semi trucks and 3 mid size trucks. Not counting my HDT. Picked up 4 new batteries for one semi today forgetting that our service truck needs batteries also. So thats 6 I get to replace later this week. The Kenworth isn't too bad but that M2 freightliner sucks. They stuck them under the cab.

Edited by jenandjon

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

I had to put 8 Odyssey 2150's in a truck today, friggen heavy beasts.  The aux bank was at 1.8V, I should take better care of my trucks.😞  I used to complain about the good ol square KW battery holddown cuz I could spark it with the best of em, but now they got Peterbiltized with the upside down hooks that can't old themselves in place.  Then they get the fairing rubber that goes 1" off the ground right in front of them.  Grrr.  I threw a little fit and had my hand on the sawsall for an armhole, but decided to be good and take the rubber off.

While the cables were off I changed the Xantrex inverter out for the Eaton charging type like the other thread, then had to put 4 closed end pacserts (rivnuts) in the floor to mount it, like another thread.  I'm either living the dream or y'all jinx'd me, not sure....... 😏😏