East Coast Rally Seminar Topics

SuiteSuccess

After the holidays we will begin assembling the seminar topics for the ECR.  Some are “mandatory “ and designed for newcomers who are considering a move into an HDT tow vehicle.  However, would like to include topics that are of interest and informative to the entire group.  So if you have an idea, would like to present a topic or otherwise please post here or email me at ecrcarl at gmail.com.  Thanks.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Fire comes to mind, one of Randy's many  incidents.  The topic comes up and then flames out by page 2.  Fire entrapment is another.  Wildland Fire fighting has a course on this very topic, S 185.  Remember  Paradise and the Wildland fire fighters who burnt some years ago.

Mac McCoy put on a Coldfire demo at a Life on Wheels in Moscow Idaho.   Urban Interface fire fighters are spraying houses with this type of product. It stays where it makes contact. 

The story is he is quite ill as a result of being exposed to some of these products.

There are new non toxic, water based  products on the market.  They will stick to a vertical surface which will smother the fire and at the same time draw heat from the surface so thereby knocking 2 legs out of the fire triangle, oxygen and heat.

I'll post links to 2 similar products, both are a good product, both on UTube.

https://geltechsolutions.com/fireice/about-fireice/

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fireaide&&view=detail&mid=601B7675597CDC285F25601B7675597CDC285F25&rvsmid=5AF4F5199C1EBA7236D45AF4F5199C1EBA7236D4&FORM=VDQVAP

The 2.5 gallon one can be reloaded by anyone and is charged with about 120 - 150 lbs of air from an ordinary compressor or Dive shop. 

One of these for the truck.

I'll get a couple of the 20 0z aerosols, one for the kitchen and the other for the bunk area.  I don't want to be trapped by a fire and not be able to get to the door.

The Fire gel would be handy for welders, spray it on a surface adjacent to the one being welded the adjacent surface  won't heat up or burn.  Spray it on your hand and put a butane torch to it and you won't feel the heat.

New technology.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anther topic is fire entrapment and how to avoid it.  The bedroom window is the official escape method but there needs to be a better plan. 

Firstly how many are physically able  to fit thru the window?  Let alone a second person.  All in 90 seconds or less.  How are you going to go thru, face up, feet first  or face down feet first.  Face up and you could hyperextend your back, face down and we are all loathe to put our feet where we can't feel bottom.   Head first?? and land on what?  Are you going out barefoot?  Where are your shoes or slippers?

Personally, I think another option would be to get a battery skillsaw or grinder to cut a hole in the front nosecone,  then slide down the outside using the closet  shelf as something to hold onto while getting ready to drop or slide.

The Crossfield FD has both paid and volunteer members.  My best guess is they would jump all over an opportunity to do some kind of joint training with RVers.  Perhaps using flashpans and time X'd fire extinguishers, Co2, dry chem and maybe Fire ice or the Compressed foam.  The last 2 would be able to be refilled by anyone with an air source.  Learn the PASS technique, point, aim, squeeze and sweep. 

……………..…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Then there is the old Maxbrake system I replaced with Direclink.  The old system is in the storage shed.  Someone was after it but didn't respond sot there it sits.  I can mail or ship it to the RV Park at Deer Run or? in advance of the Rally.

Lastly, there are Disaster Response outfits needing all types of tools so if there are those amongst you upgrading to cordless or have other construction related tools and implements, The Fuller group in Panama City as well as the OKVOAD (Oklahoma Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster)  or volunteer@disasterroad.org <volunteer@disasterroad.org>;  Chad is in a real jam and could use anything you could provide.