Jump to content

Is AT&T unlimited ending?


chirakawa
 Share

Recommended Posts

FWIW the "unlimited AT&T plan" associated with the ToGo (Winegard) rooftop router has also been terminated effective 1/16/2020.  Customers will be permitted to retain their service through the end of their contract period but will not be grandfathered into renewals.

So for no announcement has been made with respect to the Mobley connected car plans, but one thing AT&T could easily do is terminate customers whose SIMs are no longer installed in Mobley devices.  Many people have upgraded their service by putting their SIMs into devices with more advanced modems but this, no doubt, is a violation of the TOS for the SIMs under that plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, docj said:

So for no announcement has been made with respect to the Mobley connected car plans, but one thing AT&T could easily do is terminate customers whose SIMs are no longer installed in Mobley devices.  Many people have upgraded their service by putting their SIMs into devices with more advanced modems but this, no doubt, is a violation of the TOS for the SIMs under that plan.

I've read my Terms of Service several times and can't find where that is true.  Could you furnish a link to it please.  Not doubting your word, just haven't ever seen that.

As far as "easily" terminating customers, they can do that at any time for any or no good reason, regardless of where the SIM is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

I've read my Terms of Service several times and can't find where that is true.  Could you furnish a link to it please.  Not doubting your word, just haven't ever seen that.

That AT&T Connected Car plan was intended for use with the so-called Mobley device which has a particular IMEI number.  Using it with a device with a different IMEI gives the carrier the right to cancel service.  Whether or not the carrier chooses to enforce the restriction varies from carrier to carrier and plan to plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, docj said:

That AT&T Connected Car plan was intended for use with the so-called Mobley device which has a particular IMEI number.  Using it with a device with a different IMEI gives the carrier the right to cancel service.  Whether or not the carrier chooses to enforce the restriction varies from carrier to carrier and plan to plan.

I appreciate your opinion and I sort of agree with you in principle, but neither your nor my opinion have anything to do with the Terms of Service.

You referred to the Terms of Service earlier.  The TOS is a specific legal document which spells out specific performance standards in the contract.  Do you have a link to the Terms of Service clause which you referred to?  I haven't seen anything which states you can't use another hotspot device for the Mobley plan.  There's been much discussion of this over on HoFo and most of the gurus over there agree that as long as you're using a hotspot, and not a tablet or phone, that it complies with the TOS.

In any case, I hope they don't do away with the unlimited Mobley Plan as many of us depend on it for out internet.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chirakawa said:

I hope they don't do away with the unlimited Mobley Plan as many of us depend on it for out internet

Good luck.  It's pretty apparent that AT&T is at war with at least some of its unlimited plans. For your sake I hope your Mobley plan is Ok, but I wouldn't wager much on that being the case.  The truth is that AT&T will do what it wants to do regardless of what is in their TOS.  If the customer doesn't like it they have the option of taking the company to court! 😂

Edited by docj
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

RV Cable Grip

RV Cable Grip

All the water you need...No matter where you go

Country Thunder Iowa

Nomad Internet

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

RV Air.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

RVTravel.com Logo



×
×
  • Create New...