Saving on Gas money

da'gheens

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With fuel prices hitting rock bottom right now that is a bright spot in the midst of this event. To bad we can't fill-er-up and take advantage of it. So it's not even an issue right now. Thanks for everyones input over the past few months.

This too shall pass. 

Filled up today at the I-81 Exit 80 Flying J near the Ft Chiswell RV Park in VA. The price for regular gas was $1.75...

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I stop and top off whenever I see a reasonable price. I look ahead on my route with GasBuddy so I know what to expect down the road. Topping off with 20 gallons may allow me to skip an area with higher prices and make it to the next lower price opportunity. I have a 75 gallon tank.

Tom and Mare

The Breeze RV

https://thebreezerv.wordpress.com

2002 National Sea Breeze

2004 Harley Electra Glide Classic

We've got a little over half a tank, but I'll top off at $1.64 just up the road in Winchester, VA tomorrow so I won't have to stop again until just before we get to our upstate NY cottage. The price there is running around $2.29, so that'll be painful compared to what we've been paying in the south.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

7 hours ago, whj469 said:

Today in SE Texas: diesel $2.25 and unleaded $1.50. If they stay that low we all will save money on fuel.

Especially if I could go somewhere.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

The same HEB station paid $1.82/gallon at last week was $1.71 today, falling 11 cents. The price is still dropping and will probably continue to do so till they lift the stay at home orders nationwide, creating more demand. 

More good news. I just got an E-mail from my insurance company, GEICO, saying they are going to lower my insurance premiums (auto and motorcycle policies. They never said anything about RVs) 15% through this crisis (for premiums between Apr. 8 and Oct. 7) because no one is driving much and getting into accidents because of the lower traffic. They are calling it "The GEICO Giveback."

Chip

• 4 weeks later...

TSD Logistics for diesel fuel as discussed. Hands down the best program out there. 100% legitimate. That is not an eye opener? um.  Recent development: Our good pal Marcus has forced Pilot/Flying J to drop TSD Logistics. Apparently the paltry Good Sam discount could not compete with TSD Logistics. Marcus' contract with Pilot.Flying J has an "exclusivity" clause which pal Marcus enforced. Another reason I see GS going down the crapper.  The old gray mare just ain't what she used to be. Shame. 

9 hours ago, Friz said:

Marcus' contract with Pilot.Flying J has an "exclusivity" clause which pal Marcus enforced.

I see this stated a lot, but without any substantiation.  Or, well, maybe statements that he's the type to do this, or why else would P/FJ drop TSD.  But no proof that Good Sam forced P/FJ to drop TSD.  Do you have some?

26 minutes ago, Blues said:

I see this stated a lot, but without any substantiation.  Or, well, maybe statements that he's the type to do this, or why else would P/FJ drop TSD.  But no proof that Good Sam forced P/FJ to drop TSD.  Do you have some?

Yes, please, some substantiation. The TSD website still says it works at ALL truck stops.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Gary, the TSD card purchases diesel at the posted cash price at any truck pump in the USA.  But only listed truck stops provide a discount to the posted cash price.  Pilot/Flying J was required by contract with GoodSam to not offer a discount to motorhomes not using the GoodSam card.  So, there is no discount at Pilot/FlyingJ just as there is no discount a countless small truck stops with truck pumps.

Hope this helps.

12 hours ago, Trainer said:

Pilot/Flying J was required by contract with GoodSam to not offer a discount to motorhomes not using the GoodSam card.

This is the statement that is being asked about. How about some evidence that the Good Sam group caused it?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI