For the serious boondock campers

Kirk W

I just came across an RV for the serious back-country camper that is new to me, but the site says that they have been building them since 1998. It is called the Earth Roamer and you should check this one out. 

RallyHome.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We saw one on Moki Dugway in late September.  Our rig and another half mill might get you a small one........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

You have to be young and limber enough to get up in the over cab bed. Although, I suspect true off roaders usually are that. Us old folks tend not to be so adventurous anymore. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

19 hours ago, Kirk W said:

The add says that they start at only $590,000 and you need to put $50k down to get yours built.

Yup, our rig and $535,000.  Add in the smart and both motorcycles and your still well north of $500k.

Hmmm.  Put that $500k in a S&P index and let it grow and,,,,,,,,,,,,,die rich.😁

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

19 hours ago, Kirk W said:

The add says that they start at only $590,000 and you need to put $50k down to get yours built.

And that is the base price. The website states "A well equipped LTi will generally come out to a final price in the $650,000 – $700,000 range".

That seems like an astonishing amount of money. They are starting with an F-550 with the Lariat trim package, and that isn't more than $100,000 dollars. Even with the "carbon fiber vacuum infused camper", lithium batteries, etc. it seems extraordinarily expensive for that RV.  Oh well, supply and demand is a great thing.  If they've got buyers at $600,000+ they might as well take their money!

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

3 hours ago, mptjelgin said:

Oh well, supply and demand is a great thing.  If they've got buyers at $600,000+ they might as well take their money!

Have you priced a Newell or Marathon lately? The fact is that there are quite a few class A models that exceed $600k nowadays. But I doubt either you or I will be buying one of those either. 😏

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI