Wanted to Cry......... $40,000.00 Repair Estimate TEC

Vegas Teacher

8 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Why are places like that? Do they think we are stupid?

Yes.

Sorry, but yes, they do profile and read into each customer walking up to the desk. If you have a friend that has mechanical aptitude and can talk the talk, send the truck either back to that dealer in a month with your friend driving it, or have him (or her) take it to another TEC dealership and request the same process, but with the appropriate language. Might be another reason to cry.

I'm a work'n on it.

Hey I just wanted to say thanks to all of you!

I am feeling much better now. I am looking into other shops and places to go to.

If anybody knows a good shop around Vegas, would you please send me a name or phone number. TEC was out of line, way out of line.

Thanks,

Cory Ossana

P.S. It is good to be back. I missed visiting / posting with everybody. Also Happy Holidays to you all!

Later,

Cory O

On December 16, 2019 at 10:14 AM, Vegas Teacher said:

I am going to get a second opinion, I am not going back to TEC again.

Teach,

i ass-usumed that you had been tossed into the....."Teacher-protection-program" and was wearing a mini-skirt and dreadlocks to work in Hells Kitchen.........

Ok of course you need a second opinion.......boy oh boy this IS your lucky day......heck at this age I am chock-full of opinions shucks some days 10 to 39 opinions are just a good start......

Now of course being a geezer you likely think that I have forgotten that you have stiffed me out of a few lunches for previous opinions rendered in the past so......you better climb into the orange rattle trap a blast through the road-wreck-ever-construction at Mt. Springs and get over here and start buying me some lunches.

Now just to get the game started........here is a couple of "Grumps-Laws"

Grumps Law #1.......ANY noise a truck makes will eventually cost $$$$$

Grumps Law #2.......Any truck that makes NO noise will cost $$$$$$$

Ok teach listen up.......the trick with trucks is.......you gotta buy some great lunches to get......great opinions on any darn truck noise.

Get over here.......I ain't aging too well......this is a limited offer.....

Drive on..........( no truck-noise can be not so good......)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

2 hours ago, noteven said:

Confuoicious say, “Man who ignore loud gear noise from engine rear accessory drive will pay much barbecue duck when fail.”

Yes, but mechanic should at least pull oil sample before sending truck to junk heap.

Since some of us don’t remember all the details, maybe Cory would like to remind us of his truck’s specs before any more conclusions are jumped to. All I remember is it resembles the Great Pumpkin.

Teach to bad you ran across a shyster at tec equipment. Bought my truck from tec equipment in Portland I think I got a good deal on our truck so far it been pretty dependable. Nock on wood. Might want to call Portland and quiz them on this.  40 grand seems to bee way out of line I am sure there cooperate  head quarters would like to know that this is going on. Wether you go back to them or not  I would let them know. Who knows you might save another guy from getting shafted buy these guys.

Edited by runaway parents