Worst Brand RV List

agesilaus

These are the kinds of crap lists that are generated constantly to get hits and likes and shares on Facebook and other social media.  Their content is highly questionable and the title often starts with something sensationalistic like "STAY AWAY FROM THESE...".  or "YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHO...".

And then other sites pick them up simply because it is fodder to be fed into their mill.  Round and round she goes...

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

I suspect that this is just one more example of an RV owner with a website trying to drive visitors to his site by claiming some expertise that he really doesn't have. There are at least 2 RVs on that list which show up with high recommendations on these and other forums that I participate in. His choice of source is probably a good indication of the quality and reliability of his entire site. He seems to consider the amount of content more important then the accuracy of his content. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

He seems to consider the amount of content more important then the accuracy of his content.

I believe it's a trend.  Just  watch the evening news and weather,  Sensationalism is much more important than accuracy.  I try to avoid news or weather that has advertising, as their primary purpose is to generate $$.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On 12/8/2019 at 11:58 AM, Kirk W said:

I suspect that this is just one more example of an RV owner with a website trying to drive visitors to his site by claiming some expertise that he really doesn't have. There are at least 2 RVs on that list which show up with high recommendations on these and other forums that I participate in. His choice of source is probably a good indication of the quality and reliability of his entire site. He seems to consider the amount of content more important then the accuracy of his content. 

Apparently - Thread starter (The OP) "Agesilaus" is on a Crusade of his own !!!...😕

He has posted the same info on RV Net !!!

Hmmmmm.....Wonder if HE is the OWNER of the website doing the "driving" ?? 

~

Yea, how come mines not on that list.

There should be a very short list of those that should not be on the list. Maybe 2 or 3.

Edited by markandkim

Retired USN Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel

2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL (Traded)

2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

On 12/10/2019 at 10:01 AM, Carlos said:

Having dealt with Keystone warranty issues from December 2018 through August 2019, I would put them at the top of the list.  But number two is probably also very accurate.  F that company.

So I'll add .02 to disagree  with your "F" ratings (due to your stupid A reply!)

I have a #3.  No problems in the 10 years I've had it.  Stuff must change after #2, ROTFL !

Agree with "attention getter" posters - not any better that commercials on TV.  Some you *might* pay attention to, others = change the channel.

Now....... - where's the Bogus Button on the keyboard for: The List (& thread starter), and Carlos.

☹️

Just now, Carlos said:

Every manufacturer can accidentally make a unit with no defects once in a while.  I've talked to one person with no issues on a Keystone (and only one).

As opposed to the hundreds with the opposite opinion, huh?

With those resources - YOU - need to author a "LIST", ROTFLMAO

~

Just now, Carlos said:

My Teton has been mostly trouble free. Now it is a 2003 and some items needed replacing but nothing really out of order. But again, lots of better made campers came from that time. I went looking for new one before buying our Teton. I was not impressed with anything on the market. But the worst is hard to say. Open Range looked to be about the cheapest made unit we found. And with a chassis so light, I couldn't rate it very high at all. Heartland seemed decent. Not high dollar decor but all right. But they have has some issuses also. Montana looked okay. America loves it, it seems. We wanted a nicer unt. We looked at a lot of units but really all out of Indinana looked about the same.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

8 hours ago, Carlos said:

I've never heard a positive opinion on Keystone.  I guess you're the first.  With those resources, YOU should make a list too.

And why so salty and aggressive, it's just a trailer.

Salty?????? 

Gee whiz! - I guess "F that Company" (you posted) should mean you gave it -  a GRADE  of  F ??

Moderators must have thought the same.

😉

From the website being discussed..............

EDITORS NOTE: We do not know the actual methods used in this study. Some of the conclusions reached about why a particular brand was rated poorly jibe with the hundreds of postings we have observed at the Facebook group RV Horror Stories. But, we realize there are two sides to every story, so please keep that in mind.

Think about the source just a bit. The author is such an authority that he uses as his source not just the internet but Facebook, already known for trash and the page chosen is RV Horror Stories, a site that solicits negative reports! And we then debate the validity of his data! The world has some really stupid people and some of them even have web or Facebook pages.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

20 hours ago, Carlos said:

I've never heard a positive opinion on Keystone.  I guess you're the first.  With those resources, YOU should make a list too.

And why so salty and aggressive, it's just a trailer.

Here  is your first one .I have appositive opinion of Keystone. We  have had two Montana's by Keystone both had some issues that were handled by Keystone  or our dealer  with not a problem.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

People need to understand something about any list like this.  First if a manufacturer sells 1000 units and 100 have problems, those 100 people will raise caine, loudly. There is a business principal, "one angry buyer will lose you 20 sales.".

So just because your unit is OK doesn't mean that some people have not ended up with lemons or got a bad dealer.

Also I saw some comments about Thor not being on the list. Well many people buying an RV have no idea that Thor built their unit. They are not members of this or any other online groups. I doubt if 10% of RV users are on any sort of RV list, FB included. Tho many more are on non-RV centric groups. They never heard of Thor or Lipert of any other specialized terms.

Not to defend lists like this, at very best they are narrow snapshots of something. But still are conversation pieces.

Edited by agesilaus

On 12/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, agesilaus said:

I saw some comments about Thor not being on the list.

They should be number 1.  I used to look at companies THOR owns but have seen and read about too many problems each of those brands developed after their brands motto was changed to quantity, not quality, ie bottom dollar in their pocket.  This is MY opinion when spending my $$, I'm sure many will disagree with me but it's your $$, not mine, buy what makes you happy.  I don't follow or believe any magazines one sided opinion, I do my own research but I stand by what is my #1 DO NOT BUY list.

Also, note, my research only covers 5th wheel RVs, not motor homes of any size/class.  I have no experience or thoughts on those.

Edited by NDBirdman

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Carlos. Man I feel so sorry for you.

I have some friends who had bought a new Heartland Landmark, 2017. 9 months later they traded it for a 2018 Heartland Big Horn, because of all the issues on the Landmark.The couple next to us at the Heartland North American rally in Goshen IN this past June. They bought a 2019 Landmark, 4 days earlier, on the drive from MI to IN part of the kitchen fell down.

We stumbled on a great deal. We have a 2013 Landmark Mesa,40', 3 slides. I don't remember how many times we have been told. DON'T GET RID OF IT, YOU HAVE ONE OF THE LAST OF THE  GOOD ONES. After haring so many stories about the quality  we have decided that we will maintain this Landmark and drive if till we cannot go on the road.

Thor bought Heartland around that time frame. 

It is a same that you buy a rig and you can't even take it the road.

I wish you well, Carlos.

44 minutes ago, Brenda&Bill said:

Carlos. Man I feel so sorry for you.

To be sure it's understood correctly, that story is not MINE, it is one I found today on an RV subreddit.  Mine wasn't as bad.  It took many months and lots of wasted time/trips, but at least my rig was mostly usable when not in the shop.