Cannabis Stocks

TLRam1

Curaleaf Holdings, Inc

Charlotte's Web Holdings, Inc

HEXO Corp.

Aurora Cannabis Inc.

Well I sold my pot stocks above but not before I lost 20 percent, on paper I have made that back plus some on AMD I bought about 3 months ago, it is up about 33 percent. I have researched AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) and the stock has increased by 1200 percent since the woman took over in 2015.

Still watching the pots stocks, not sure when or what to purchase right now as all have gone down significantly in 2019 other than Curaleaf Holdings which has retracted the least amount percentage wise from the benchmark price I am tracking. 

Edited by TLRam1

Terry

10 hours ago, TLRam1 said:

Curaleaf Holdings, Inc

Charlotte's Web Holdings, Inc

HEXO Corp.

Aurora Cannabis Inc.

Well I sold my pot stocks above but not before I lost 20 percent, on paper I have made that back plus some on AMD I bought about 3 months ago, it is up about 33 percent. I have researched AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) and the stock has increased by 1200 percent sine the woman took over in 2015.

Still watching the pots stocks, not sure when or what to purchase right now as all have gone down significantly in 2019 other than Curaleaf Holdings which has retracted the least amount percentage wise from the benchmark price I am tracking. 

Tell me about it. I should have dumped most of my pot stocks. But it is a long term investment. But as you said my Curaleaf stock has held up the best.

I bought some Target about 6 months ago and it has done quite well.

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

22 hours ago, TLRam1 said:

Target sure has worked out well for you, when you have stocks like that, post them up. I will put it on my watch list.

Do you know why it has risen so much and does it look like Target will keep rising?

Who knows if it will keep rising. If I ever knew that I would never have looses on stocks. All of my picks would be winners.

• 4 weeks later...

If I wasn't long ACB and NBEV I'd be worried about the drop in their stock market prices.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Think they would be a good investment now they've dropped really hard?  Pretty cheap right now but everytime I read something about them, it does not sound good.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

I'm not thinking of jumping hard on it, maybe 1k shares of ACB AND HRVSF.  Low amount of investment for possible gains.  I remember seeing one of those bouncing around $10/share not to long ago.  I recently sold some other stock that dropped about $3/share 2 days later.  Made out like a bandit on those but need someplace to park a couple dollars.  I've been thinking about doing some 30 day bonds too.

I'm also thinking a person needs to sell off any/all short term investments before the elections, I have a feeling, depending on how it goes, that the market will take a nose dive as it's going to be very nasty, worse than what we've seen yet.  If it does not dive, $$ will still be there to re-invest.  If it does dive as I think it will, I would have some $$ to re-invest in stocks.  Am I right or wrong on this thought?    Of course, my better half thinks I should dump it into a kitchen remodel.  With the rate of return for that investment if we sell in a few years I've heard is not great..... LOL

I'm thinking of using e-trade for this, is it a good company or should I look at different ones?

Ya'll thunk my head is on straight, or am I doing a Linda Blair?🤓

Edited by NDBirdman

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

I'm still holding these, CBDS CGC CRON, but not a lot invested these days.  I did pretty well over the last 2 years, but lately taking a haircut.

When I owned TLRY I was online one day watching it spike to over $200..and then it was halted.. 3 or 4 times. I sold it a day or so later, but, that would have been a nice profit.

Edited by hemsteadc

ND,

No one can tell you if you are right for you investment wise. I am holding my Pot stocks and expect a pretty good return holding for at least five years, or whenever pot is decriminalized in the US, whichever comes first. If you look back, I said I wish I could hold onto my Tesla stock but I'm not getting any younger and moving 1000 miles across several states is a bear as a civilian.

I just saw that as I had said here would happen within a year or so, when I was cashing in my Tesla shares, that Tesla would go over $400.00 and today they hit $422 for the day's high, it closed at $419. No regrets. Waiting would have only made me ~$70k more. $348k from $25k was fine. And I've since sold the inherited real properties and my property. So we have zero debt and a healthy nest egg sitting in a terrible yield savings account until I decide what to do with it. However, a savings account is not secure any more since the laws were changed allowing banks to take our deposits as their own if they falter. It's call bail-in as opposed to bail outs for banks.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Hempstead,

I am looking to get back in briefly as we are seeing, according to some analysts, the spike before another bear market/correction/recession. Money to be made. However I'm staying liquid because my stocks/savings have nothing to do with our retirement incomes. I may do a Moneymarket account until I feel we are near the correction, and then buy heavy into index funds when the markets are on the mat and prices are bottoming out. I'm talking to some advisors, but so far they are either just salesmen, or looking to manage pensioner's money.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Sounds grim for the cannibus industry: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-17/pot-firms-grim-reality-cash-crunch-no-u-s-bankruptcy-access

DW is a regular customer of Procana, they expanded this year,  hope they are well financially.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Here's some stats from North of the border. The findings pretty much jibe with my "On the Ground" observations. Too much hype, not enough bud.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 7 months later...

I'm not sure about it, because I'm not an expert, but I would say - invest in cannabis stocks. To me it looks like a great idea. I would do it if I had the money, lol. I'm saying so because I use medical marijuana and I know that people are making enough money by selling it. Usually I buy it from Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Queens. I was talking with one of their employees, and he told me that they are paid well. That's why I think that becoming a medical marijuana investor is a good idea.

Edited by RainbowStalin

On 12/29/2019 at 7:07 AM, Darryl&Rita said:

Here's some stats from North of the border. The findings pretty much jibe with my "On the Ground" observations. Too much hype, not enough bud.

The news program This is That reported on a drug dealer calling for a severance package from the federal govt due to them legalizing cannabis products. It was a great report. Can't find it on their podcast archive dang it. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

If I sold mine now I'd lose about $30k. So I'm holding. But if it becomes federally legal could be good.

I'd hold off on Marijuana stocks for at least another few months. If I knew what I know now I would hold off.

A good upcoming bet would be to look for Musk to spin off Starlink, his LEO Internet Satellite constellation to cover the globe with broadband initiative, and catch it on IPO.

Things are going to get worse before they get better.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

9 hours ago, rynosback said:

And their reverse split was not a good thing at all. 

Tell me about it!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

It would not have been too bad if they had done a 2 or 4 back spit, but do the 12.... I called my broker and lost it.  IF I had known they were going to do that, I would have sold it before hand.  Not happy with them now but I'm stuck with a few of their shares now.

Edited by NDBirdman

On 8/5/2020 at 8:42 PM, RV_ said:

If I sold mine now I'd lose about $30k. So I'm holding. But if it becomes federally legal could be good.

I'd hold off on Marijuana stocks for at least another few months. If I knew what I know now I would hold off.

A good upcoming bet would be to look for Musk to spin off Starlink, his LEO Internet Satellite constellation to cover the globe with broadband initiative, and catch it on IPO.

Things are going to get worse before they get better.

Still waiting for it to get worse. My green-backs are tired of sitting on the sideline. 

Edited by rynosback

I still maintain that legalization isn't a stock friendly process. The private dealers are still alive and kicking in Canada, while the stores still struggle. Covid didn't help them one bit, but the internet based business' may have fared better.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

3 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

It would not have been too bad if they had done a 2 or 4 back spit, but do the 12.... I called my broker and lost it.  IF I had known they were going to do that, I would have sold it before hand.  Not happy with them now but I'm stuck with a few of their shares now.

I thought that they had to do the split or lose their place on the market.  Doesn't the market require a minimal stock value?  It seems like I read that when their stock went below $1, they would no longer be able to trade.  It didn't change the value of your holdings any.

My 5000 shares in ACB turned into 416.67 shares. Worst investment of my life so far. However so was Tesla the first two years. But at least they did not split pro or con, and I had my 1000 shares. We don't lose money or make money until we sell, barring bankruptcy. Lots of folks would sell now and cut their losses. Of course it would have to sell at ~$105-110 for me to make a decent profit. Likelihood? Slim, not none. I remember waiting for TEsla to go to over $100 so I could take my money off the table and still have over 800 shares. I knew we had shares bought for us for an inheritance and it was more than 300 shares or so. If it makes it and the US goes full federal legal, and controls them only like liquor stores, I could see the tide turning.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I own TLRY, not doing great.  The black market is still alive and well and sucking all the profit.  Legal weed is apparently too expensive.  The dollar always wins.

Couple years ago I made a killing on many of these stocks, and fortunately sold them.  Not so much now. 

Edited by hemsteadc