Best RV Internet Package for full timers ?????

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/20/2019 at 9:42 PM, docj said:

And, to be quite clear, you are violating AT&T's Terms of Service (TOS) for that plan.  The alternative is to pay a bit more per month and get a SIM from a business like OTR Mobile, a company that maintains it has a reseller relationship with AT&T and is authorized to use its SIMs in hotspots.  Each of us has to decide what we feel comfortable doing.  For the additional $25/mo it costs me to use OTR Mobile, I'm comfortable doing that.  

I find it funny the company that violated the TOS and got closed down from AT&T and is now selling T-mobile chips without and are still working on their TOS with T-mobile. but as long as you own an unlocked Nighthawk you can get fast service.

1 hour ago, sohngoku said:

I find it funny the company that violated the TOS and got closed down from AT&T

I don't have any business relationship with OTR-Mobile other than as a customer,  but if you spent a little time learning about AT&T's business practices over the past 6 months you would discover that it terminated lots of companies selling approved "unlimited" data plans including ToGo which was selling expensive rooftop hardware with the promise of unlimited data.  Sure, there were lots of companies, like OTR reselling the so-called tablet plans, but it would be naive to think that AT&T wasn't well aware of the fact. Don't lose sight of the fact that it can identify every single device on its network though it's IMEI number.  To my knowledge the only  significant remaining unlimited AT&T plan is the so-called Mobley plan and I wouldn't wager money on how long it stays around.

Unless you have more than allegation about OTR's relationship with T-Mobile I suggest you refrain from making judgements about it's business practices with that carrier. Yes, the changeover to T-Mobile had a number of rough spots and T-Mobile's service in many areas isn't as good as AT&T's, but I'm tired of reading unfounded allegations about OTR-Mobile. Internet gossip continuously reposted can destroy a company with no basis of fact.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

The Mobley plan no longer exists.  If you have one and make no changes to it, then it will stay.  But if you change anything on the account, they will bump you off and refuse to give it back.  Ask me how I know...

I ran into the same thing.. kinda.. I added a device onto my phone account through my app about year and they deleted my Mobley account. I sat at the AT&T store for 4 hours while the young lady struggled with it. She placed multiple calls dealing with it and eventually was successful at restoring my Mobley plan back to me. A bit of a pain, but well worth it. Jay

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

Currently I'm at the "either cancel me with no penalty or fix it" stage.  But I *am* using an unauthorized device, outside the ToS.  They haven't told me that, but they can know if they look.

I don't think that OTR considers the list of devices on its website to be prescriptive.  I also use a device also not on the list and simply told the CSR I spoke with "here's the device's IMEI .........." and that it is a device that is certified for use on T-Mobile.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

AT&T has not shown any interest in my Mobley SIM being in a Netgear Unite Explore hotspot for the past two plus years. I even had the SIM replaced with no problem at an AT&T store last year when it failed to register per their tech support, with no questions asked...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 5 months later...