Ford E450 Routine Maintenance

ToddF

Starting year 4 in my bought new Minnie Winnie. The maintenance has been very minimal so far, oil changes, and most recently had the trans fluid topped off and the air filter changed out. I check the oil periodically, added less than 1/2 quart over the course of a year of travel. I'm at 27,000 on the odometer. Is there anything I'm missing? Seems too easy. Checked Ford manual that came with the rig and doesn't look like much to do until 60 or 100K? (I did have a tire go bad (caught it before it blew) and replaced with the spare and bought a new spare.) 

I have a Class C with the Ford engine, tranny, etc.  I do the preventive maintenance items such as fluid changes, belt and hose checks, tire pressures and checks, alignments, batteries (engine and house), wiper blades, etc.  My previous Class C was nominal maintenance until I started getting up there in miles.  Then the tune-ups set in, seals and gasket changes, water pumps, etc.  I budgeted for those items well in advance so when it came time, the money was already set aside and there.  Hard part was finding a automotive place that would work on it since it was an RV.  Many did not have the bays that would accommodate it.

Richard "Doc" Strait, USN Retired

2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

Point of Contact for the Military, Veterans, and Gold Star Families BOF

I wish escapees could start a database of RV friendly service providers. Previous RV was a '99 also on E450 chassis and was more maintenance intensive. But at about 130K, it was still very reliable and after cleaning up some neglected items by the previous owner, it was great.  Have had good luck finding providers but it takes some work on the internet and the frustration of being turned away or ignored by some. In the Twin Cities (MN), Apple Valley Ford will happily service the E450 (commercial division). Now that the 3 year Ford warranty has passed, I will switch to Kremer services in Inver Grove Heights, MN for my primary annual service. (Kremer is friendlier and lower in price). Here in Summerdale found nearby Express Oil (across from Target)  that was fully equipped for routine oil change and other routine maintenance. It just takes searching around on the internet (read reviews) and phone calls work better than online inquiries which often go unanswered. ( I always get an oil change in the Spring and Fall and that means at least once having to search for an "out of area" provider.)

https://kremerservices.net/

https://www.expressoil.com/stores/daphne/al/1901/