Domiciling in Texas - Renew trailer registration while on road

Does anyone have any experience with domiciling in Texas and renewing their trailer registration while out of state? Our trailer registration expires this month but we wont be back in Texas until the end of December. It looks like I can renew it online but the issue I see is that they require a safety inspection to renew. I can get the trailer inspected here in CA but it obviously won't be a Texas certified inspection station.

Thanks for any help or info,

John

I may have found the answer to my own question. I'm hoping this applies to travel trailers and not just vehicles:

"If your vehicle is currently out of state and you are unable to complete a Texas vehicle inspection in order to renew your registration, you may self-certify that the vehicle is out of state and will be permitted to register online, by mail, or in person.If you renew your vehicle registration using the out-of-state self-certification option, a remark will be placed on your vehicle record indicating that an inspection is still due. Once you return to the state, you must complete a Texas vehicle inspection within three days of arrival at your home, duty station, or destination. It is very important that you keep the VIR issued after completing your inspection in case you are stopped by law enforcement before the remark is removed from your vehicle record, which takes about 48 hours. The remark will be removed only upon payment of the state’s portion of the inspection fee and verification of inspection at your county tax office."

3 hours ago, johnjessjourney said:

If your vehicle is currently out of state and you are unable to complete a Texas vehicle inspection in order to renew your registration, you may self-certify that the vehicle is out of state and will be permitted to register online, by mail, or in person.

That is the answer. While not motorized, your RV is still a vehicle traveling the highways and as such is licensed the same as motor vehicles. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI