Traveling with Firearms

Fireguykd

We have never lived in CA but have been there many times and have family and friends there.  We are glad we do not live in a State such as you describe.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

So far as I know that is an accurate portrayal of some residents of Cali. The rents are so high in the cities and housing prices are astronomical so folks are being forced out of the cities and into the woods. Zoning completely has blocked new construction.

The government makes clearing brush and thinning the woods almost impossible. So they are fire traps. Many install solar on their houses that feeds back into the power system, but they do not add a battery bank. So when the power goes off the solar is up on the roof making power that they cannot access. The government has also forced the power company to spend all it's free cash on renewables leaving none for line maintenance. So trees and brush are close to the ill maintained lines, the power company turns off the power to prevent fires. But they happen anyway.

They are pressured into buying electric cars but the power is off and the solar is worthless so they cannot charge the car. The woods catch on fire the house burns and maybe they get out.

And so yeah people are leaving, the highest gas taxes in the nation, other taxes are the second highest in the country, roads are not maintained but they are spending $90,000,000,000 on a train to no-where using gas taxes. And the completely controlled state government spends it's time passing laws about XYZQW (I don't recall the letters) and keeping criminals from being deported, and passing unconstitutional gun laws.

11 hours ago, agesilaus said:

And so yeah people are leaving,

County-level data show population increases in nearly all of California’s most populous counties. Of the state’s ten largest counties, Los Angeles was the only one to see a decrease in 2018 (the most recently reported Census year). Riverside County experienced the highest growth of 1.4% from 2017 to 2018, reflecting a turn to the state’s less costly inland regions.

How is this related to the subject , Travel with Firearms?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Yeah, perhaps some people are entering the state. Over the Mexican border, from China or the 'homeless' from every other state. But are they productive, working tax payers?

It would be enlightening to see the demographics of those new residents.

Edited by agesilaus

Gun owners, employed people, and people who love liberty are leaving.  About 100 people a day are moving just to my city from CA.  Some town in Idaho just had a town hall meeting about the problem of too many Californians moving there.  I don't know the demographic of people moving TO the state, but we do know that some number are illegals, and a large number are un/under-employed. 

And before someone says something about race, I'm a hispanic political refugee.  Facts are facts.

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2019/11/some-in-idaho-want-to-stop-plague-of-californians-moving-in.html

I just said "refugees," that article calls them a plague.

Edited by Carlos

Stinking facts again...… "906 people are moving to the state of Florida every day. 330,605 people are moving to Florida every year. That's equal to adding a city slightly larger than Orlando every year, according to a report released online this week by state economist.Jul 26, 2019"

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

• Kirk W locked this topic