skeet

Class of 2020

On 8/13/2020 at 9:45 PM, CasperBob said:

Well it looks like we are going to make the class of 2020 after all. Our house went on the market yesterday and we signe an offer for several thousand dollars over asking price this afternoon. Closing tentatively set for the middle of September. Full time RV life here we come!

Congratulations! Full time life is waiting for you! I’m having a great time and I’m sure you will too. 

Hello everyone.

My wife and I joined the full time RV crowd on July 15th.  Sold the house, put what we wanted to keep in storage.  We are traveling in a Lifestyle 5th wheel.  We have actually been planning for this for about 20 years and finally had the opportunity. 

Looking in to the pro's and con's of various states for domicile, leaning towards TX or SD.  Anyone have preferences.  Sales tax not so important until we get a new RV.

Ralph and Cathy

We used South Dakota as our domicile mostly for tax reasons no capital gains tax low sales tax ( were buying new hdt and fiver) and health insurance is not outrageous for what we have. Rv, full timers, umbrella and hdt Ins very reasonable. 

6 hours ago, CasperBob said:

We too are going to use South Dakota for the some of the reasons Dan and Freda mentioned, and it’s right next door to Wyoming haha.

I relate to this. We chose South Dakota mostly because it is right next door to Minnesota so it was easy to go there to do everything. Not the best reason but it made sense to us at the time and it worked out fine for our circumstances.

Linda

So I guess the wife and I have now joined the Class of 2020. We sold our house in Colorado Springs and as of August 7th are now full time in our RV. 

We are still wading our way through the Texas red tape to become a resident. We chose Texas as we have a daughter living here even though there are a couple more hurdles than South Dakota, but it is what it is. 

Full timing has been an adventure (or misadventure) so far. We had an electrical issue with the RV and were fortunate to find an electrician (not RV tech) that was familiar with RVs as his father had had an RV business. He fixed us right up for what I think I was a very minimal charge. And then today I found that the washer drain is leaking somewhere. I am learning how the RV is put together as I disassemble it along the path of the drain to find the leak. 

Mind you, I am not complaining (well, not a lot) as things always were in need of maintenance in the S&B and that is just a part of "home" ownership. 

Let the adventures begin!

On 10/18/2020 at 5:25 PM, Chalkie said:

I love that description!!

Thanks! Your profile has sparked a curiosity now. Does what pinbox actually have a major difference in the ride or what's the outcome of that? Something I haven't researched that I'll now have to look into!

16 hours ago, MisterX said:

Does what pinbox actually have a major difference in the ride or what's the outcome of that?

I think it does. Like airbags and shocks smooth the ride on a truck so does the hitch and it is very similar to that description as it does have an airbag and a shock.