skeet

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/13/2020 at 9:45 PM, CasperBob said:

Well it looks like we are going to make the class of 2020 after all. Our house went on the market yesterday and we signe an offer for several thousand dollars over asking price this afternoon. Closing tentatively set for the middle of September. Full time RV life here we come!

Congratulations! Full time life is waiting for you! I’m having a great time and I’m sure you will too. 

2019 Thor ARIA 3901: 2019 Jeep Wrangler:

Hello everyone.

My wife and I joined the full time RV crowd on July 15th.  Sold the house, put what we wanted to keep in storage.  We are traveling in a Lifestyle 5th wheel.  We have actually been planning for this for about 20 years and finally had the opportunity. 

Looking in to the pro's and con's of various states for domicile, leaning towards TX or SD.  Anyone have preferences.  Sales tax not so important until we get a new RV.

Ralph and Cathy

6 hours ago, CasperBob said:

We too are going to use South Dakota for the some of the reasons Dan and Freda mentioned, and it’s right next door to Wyoming haha.

I relate to this. We chose South Dakota mostly because it is right next door to Minnesota so it was easy to go there to do everything. Not the best reason but it made sense to us at the time and it worked out fine for our circumstances.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess the wife and I have now joined the Class of 2020. We sold our house in Colorado Springs and as of August 7th are now full time in our RV. 

We are still wading our way through the Texas red tape to become a resident. We chose Texas as we have a daughter living here even though there are a couple more hurdles than South Dakota, but it is what it is. 

Full timing has been an adventure (or misadventure) so far. We had an electrical issue with the RV and were fortunate to find an electrician (not RV tech) that was familiar with RVs as his father had had an RV business. He fixed us right up for what I think I was a very minimal charge. And then today I found that the washer drain is leaking somewhere. I am learning how the RV is put together as I disassemble it along the path of the drain to find the leak. 

Mind you, I am not complaining (well, not a lot) as things always were in need of maintenance in the S&B and that is just a part of "home" ownership. 

Let the adventures begin!

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, MisterX said:

Does what pinbox actually have a major difference in the ride or what's the outcome of that?

I think it does. Like airbags and shocks smooth the ride on a truck so does the hitch and it is very similar to that description as it does have an airbag and a shock.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Haven't heard from you all in a while.

We are in an RV resort in Apache Junction till the end of March. We had planned on staying just a couple of months till the mother-in-law's health improved, but liked the place so well we decided to extend through the end of March.

Where is everyone staying at right now?

5 hours ago, CasperBob said:

Hi everyone,

Haven't heard from you all in a while.

We are in an RV resort in Apache Junction till the end of March. We had planned on staying just a couple of months till the mother-in-law's health improved, but liked the place so well we decided to extend through the end of March.

Where is everyone staying at right now?

I have not checked in quite awhile. I think the last time I posted we were in Yellowstone. Made it up to Montana, to visit relatives then into North Dakota went to  Teddy Roosevelt NP and then had to make it back to Indiana for some repairs. Got it all fixed up and went to Michigan to the UP and Mackinaw Island. Then across to  NY state and then spent a Month in Maine....

Back to visit the kids and grands in NJ for a few weeks then down the coast to  Cape May, Ocracoke Island, Charleston then Savanah. Shot over to Atlanta (well the outskirts) to visit he other Kid and grands Then off to where we are now Perdido Key in Florida have been here almost a month we leave on the 15th. Off to Manatee springs for a few weeks then to Fort DeSoto State park for a few weeks then the Keys for a week then up near Cape Canaveral for the rest of the winter. Whew I’m exhausted just typing all that! :) I need a beer!

2019 Thor ARIA 3901: 2019 Jeep Wrangler:

• 1 month later...

We haven’t posted here in awhile but we were in Kansas from June 20 until December 17. We picked up the hdt with the bed finished on the 14th then to fifth wheel back to new horizon for some more little bugs to get worked out on the 19th. Then around noon on the 20th we headed back to Illinois to visit family and friends and empty out our storage unit. Met a lot of new good friends in Kansas so it was kind of sad leaving. If any of you ever need a place to stay in junction city Kansas check out smoky hill rv park. It’s a new park great trouble free hook ups and long sites and great owners. We will be in Illinois for a week and a half probably the maybe southern Missouri for a few days then to Tennessee and southern Georgia, ready to get out of the cold. 

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, been a while since I've updated. We got rid of our Class C Jayco Greyhawk and purchased a Tiffin Allegro Bus. We decided the Greyhawk was a bit small for full timing.

We also just purchased a park model and moved my mother in law into it. So we'll be stationary here in Apache Junction, AZ for the foreseeable future.

What's everyone else doing these days?

We are in Tennessee now. We changed our plans and headed out of illinois dec 28 and down to Mississippi for a month then Alabama then a month and a half in Florida about a week in Georgia got a trailer alignment done now in Tennessee at deer run in crossville for the hdt rally next month then back to Illinois for a couple weeks. Probably try Arizona next winter