Dark Sky Campground, Hatch, UT

SWharton

If you are looking for a Dark Sky campground go to Wilderness Ranch in Hatch UT. Full hook-ups. Spacious sites, pull thru. The campground is in the middle of a ranch and you can see a part of Bryce in the close distance. Desert landscape. Central location between Bryce, Zion and Cedar Breaks. I have no association with this CG.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, kb0zke said:

Looked them up, but no price information. That means that we can't afford it.

I can never understand an RV park that has a webpage that doesn't include the rates!  That's one of the reasons I visit an RV park's website -- to find out how much it will cost.  If they don't have that information, I pass.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

5 hours ago, LindaH said:

I can never understand an RV park that has a webpage that doesn't include the rates!  That's one of the reasons I visit an RV park's website -- to find out how much it will cost.  If they don't have that information, I pass.

Very true for us too.... We assume, right or wrong, that if we have to ask "How Much"  we probably don't need it or can afford it...

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Of topic sort of, but might be of interest to people who are interested in dark sky sites. Chiefland Florida has sites near it that my telescope owning friends tell me is a dark sky site. They were selling lots for awhile there. Maybe just as dark a sky as you can get in Florida but I know they were having an annual week long gathering there of folks with scopes.

Chiefland Astronomy Village

I'm just tossing this out since a lot of people end up down here and probably never think to check for a site like that here.

• 10 months later...
On 10/2/2019 at 5:07 PM, SWharton said:

If you are looking for a Dark Sky campground go to Wilderness Ranch in Hatch UT. Full hook-ups. Spacious sites, pull thru. The campground is in the middle of a ranch and you can see a part of Bryce in the close distance. Desert landscape. Central location between Bryce, Zion and Cedar Breaks. I have no association with this CG.

They are now permanently closed. Bummer. Not sure why it closed.

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

The owner of the property was trying to sell it. The campground was developed sometime in the past for 200+? sites. The caretakers convinced her to let them open part of the campground. My guess would be eithr they left or the property is sold.

Agree, bummer. One of our favorite campgrounds.