Huge bubble on roof

Cindy F.

Hi All,

Just a quick update about our Huge Bubble issue . Alpha Systems came through with a "work around" the expired warranty! They have sent the supplies needed to replace the front half of the roof plus $$$$ to cover 100 hours of labor to a repair shop of our choice!!  Just waiting to schedule a day to bring in the trailer.  Monica McCabe (Alpha Systems) was outstanding in dealing with our problem and we appreciate the time and effort she has given to correct something that was not originally caused by Alpha Systems.  On a side note, Dutchmen and La Mesa RV in Sanford, FL did absolutely nothing for us.  Dutchmen did finally take notice of my Facebook and Twitter remarks about the situation, asked me for my contact information and never contacted me.  

Alpha Systems was probably the company that supplied the materials for the trailer roof. In most cases the supplier of an RV component is where the warranty for such products actually comes from. Did you contact Alpha or might it have been Dutchman? In the only case that I know of where a Dicor roof failed, it was Dicor who stood behind the product. 

And thank you Cindy for returning to let us know of the favorable resolution! 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

11 hours ago, Cindy F. said:

On a side note, Dutchmen and La Mesa RV in Sanford, FL did absolutely nothing for us.  Dutchmen did finally take notice of my Facebook and Twitter remarks about the situation, asked me for my contact information and never contacted me.  

When  you posted that at least it got their "attention" even if they did nothing LOL Sounds like something I'd do myself.

Congratulations on your repair

John T

On 9/22/2019 at 9:45 AM, chirakawa said:

In order for low pressure to be "sucking" up the roofing, there has to be high pressure underneath the membrane.  If it was properly adhered to the roof, it wouldn't happen.  Otherwise, all roofs would go down the highway in a bubble.  So, yes, there is air getting under the membrane.....................which means a leak.

On an airplane wing, pressure is removed from the top of the wing and higher pressure pushes up on the bottom of the wing, called lift.  So, it is high pressure forcing it up. 

I like your posts and you have a lot to offer. This, however is not in line with the laws of physics and aerodynamics. Lift is created by molecules traveling faster over a curved space (like a wing -- or an RV rooftop). There may be a leak -- or not. 

Ever see a convertible going down the interstate with the roof bowed up?  Same principle.

peace 

tom

Edited by tc49
correction