replace Norcold 1200 in TravelSupreme 36ft quad slides

Fuzz

Advice? Shop carefully, preferably in person. Model numbers can shift between retailers, resulting in measurement creep and a fridge that doesn't fit. If you want to keep the warranty in good standing, confirm that the fridge will run on an inverter before buying. Also, check what the manufacturer requires for ambient temps, as these can void a warranty, too.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Determine how much solar capability is required, and associated costs for the solar and extra batteries initial costs + installation.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Thanks all.I don't boondock other than a quick nap at truck stops.I am using this thing as my residence,due to some lifestyle changes....All good ideas tho'. Would like to get into the mechanics of install..Thanks all

2001 Volvo 770-2003 travel supreme36

Mechanics of install? Measure, measure, measure. Buy a fridge. Now, think about cutting. It's not hard, but buying the right fridge for your RV helps.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

We were seriously considering scraping our dometic ndr1292 for a household frig.  Finding the right size to fit our cabinets was tough. I also did not want to modify our cabinets.  We would have lost the bottom drawer.  Decided to upgrade the cooling unit by changing it to a household type through jcrefrigeration.  Same price as a household frig without the cabinet rework hassle. Did it ourselves.  Easy with their youtube and phone support. Completed the work in June. Works great, uses much less power than a household model.

If you change your mind and just have a new or rebuilt cooling unit installed, be sure to install the ARP device.  After we had two cooling unit failures less than six months apart over four years ago, I installed an ARP at the second replacement.  That unit is still working, even better than when the fridge was new when we bought the rig.  We fulltime, so the fridge is never turned off.

15 hours ago, 57becky said:

If you change your mind and just have a new or rebuilt cooling unit installed, be sure to install the ARP device.  After we had two cooling unit failures less than six months apart over four years ago, I installed an ARP at the second replacement.  That unit is still working, even better than when the fridge was new when we bought the rig.  We fulltime, so the fridge is never turned off.

what is an ARP device?

Also check the spacing requirements between the sides of the unit and adjacent wall.  My Samsung required a minimum of 3" on all sides if I remember correctly.  It IS NOT just a "will it fit" issue.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited