Horrible Pet Carrier!

FL-JOE

A few days ago we were coming across I-40 from NM into TX.  It was probably just before Amarillo somewhere.  A SUV came flying past in the hammer lane with a hitch carrier on the back, you know one of those platforms most folks carry extra luggage on or maybe a couple coolers.  This idiot had mounted a wire cage on his and two full size German Shepherds were jammed in it. They were laying down and this thing was bouncing up and down.  It almost made me sick to my stomach.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

What an idiot. Not to mention the danger he/she placed those dogs in how about all the exhaust fumes! That person should be arrested for animal cruelty and the dogs taken away from him. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

It was one of those situations where I was going about 64mph and he came past close to 75-80.  Having a 73' RV rig there was no way I was going to be able to catch up to him and get a plate or even really catch what State his plate was from.  I did take a unplanned stop in the next rest area just on the off chance he would be in there.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Maybe he doesn't realize how the back end bounces but he should.  Ugh!  This is so sad. Those poor dogs.  He probably hits them if they don't go willingly in the cage. They know what's in store for them. 😢

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

The fumes come to mind along with the bouncing. When station wagons had rear windows that opened, there was an air foil mounted at the rear of the roof rack to bring the overhead fresh air in to battle the fumes coming up within the air eddy behind the vehicle. This air foil doesn't apply to SUVs as the back window doesn't go down, so the fumes and road schmegma come up a make dirty the SUV backside, and prolly is no good for doggie either. Should be laws against these folks procreating, natural selection apparently has a loophole. 

Spot

Edited by $ Spot