Old Dog-New Trick

SuiteSuccess

I finally found a glass shop willing to track down a persistent water leak that would drip down the drivers side curtain channel after a heavy rain. I had tried hosing and other means to find it and couldn’t. Truck is Volvo 780 with skylight which I and other forum member thought might be the source. Turns out the source was the two channels on the roof that I thought (and was told)  were just dimples in a one piece roof.  Apparently those may be rolled seams of three separate  panels.  Also apparently these seams require periodic resealing with polyurethane. I hadn’t done that and I had cracks and even couple of holes that were repaired. Learning something new every day.  Might check yours if older Volvo. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

May also want to seal these same seams under the fairings at the back of the cab.  I resealed the seams and a year later a new leak began, I traced it to the driver side fairing below the joint where it meets the upper fairing.  Only leaked during very heavy Florida tropical downpours.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

2 hours ago, Parrformance said:

May also want to seal these same seams under the fairings at the back of the cab.  I resealed the seams and a year later a new leak began, I traced it to the driver side fairing below the joint where it meets the upper fairing.  Only leaked during very heavy Florida tropical downpours.

Thanks. Will do. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

It’s the two grooves on either side of the sun roof.IUJe3ukl.jpg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3