Recommendation for Glacier NP 5th wheel site

Martin

Would anyone have a recommendation of a great RV site / campground with full hookups around Glacier National Park.

Any advice would be appreciated.

35 foot 5th wheel. Should be in that area for a visit the second week of August. Planning to stay 7 to 10 days.

East or West side of Glacier? On the East side there are 2 FHU RV parks at St. Mary's, on the South of Glacier there is a motel with a FHU CG, where they say you may watch bear from your RV munching on berries and stuff, packing on fat for the winter.

There are many FHU CG's on the West side of Glacier.

Go to allstays.com  or rvparkreviews.com to view them, and read reviews.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

22 hours ago, Zulu said:

I opted for St. Mary / East Glacier KOA because it's close to the park and I could get in. Good luck at getting a reservation this late.

That is where we stay also. As you said, it's close and convenient. The Blackfoot Indian Nation operates shuttle bus's that pick you up at the RV park, drive across the mountain while narrating everything along the route. These are the 28-30 passenger school bus's with a heater, the red bus's are not heated, and if it begins to rain the driver does not stop to put the canvas top over the passengers until he reaches the lodge at the top on the mountain.

Another benefit of the KOA is, the owner has a safe upstairs where he will store your firearms until you return from Canada, if you are crossing the border.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We were just there 2works ago, stayed at Columbia Falls RV Park.  Was OK but not cheap, 20min outside of Glacier.  West side KOA would be better and closer, but much more expensive.  Noticed several other parks on west side but didn’t investigate. 

Use RVParky or some other app to research, but suspect on short notice you’re going to have hard time getting anything for more than a few days.  Good luck. 

PS - if you’re not planning it yet, I’d heartily recommend continuing your trip up to Banff and Canadian Rockies...Glacier was great (take Red Bus Tour) and Canadian Rockies even greater!

Ron and Pat, and 2 Portuguese Water Dogs

2013 Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax w/SuperGlide

2005 NuWa HitchHiker DA 31.5 LK w/MorRyde IS

Today I traveled US 89 into St Mary from Browning coming in from the south.  There is major road construction going on with traffic stopped in one direction while the other direction is led through with a pilot car.  Most of the construction area is dirt road, some gravel and lots of bumps.  I tried to get into the St Mary KOA but they were booked when I called.  Now I'm glad I didn't get a reservation.