New texas Driver's License - Residence address

My wife is in the process of renewing her Texas driver's license on line and the following question has appeared:

"My residence address is a single family dwelling, apartment, motel or temporary shelter."

The form requires one to verify that a residence is one of these.

What is the correct response?  We do not appear to fall into any of these categories.

Thoughts?

Scott & Carol Seibert + Harley Lil Pup
2002 U320 36' PBDS
Build# 5954 MC# 17212
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

25 minutes ago, sseibert3 said:

My wife is in the process of renewing her Texas driver's license on line and the following question has appeared:

"My residence address is a single family dwelling, apartment, motel or temporary shelter."

The form requires one to verify that a residence is one of these.

What is the correct response?  We do not appear to fall into any of these categories.

Thoughts?

We live in a single family residence, don't you?   Or do you have multiple families in your RV?   Or, you could look at it as an apartment since your at an RV Park and each site is the same as an apartment.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

You have to use the classification for the address you use on the license. You evidently have an existing address on the license. I would only check apartment or single family house.

Edited by Sehc
spell check failure.

Just thinking "outside the box" I looked up the definition (s) of dwelling:  An RV can be considered a "shelter" or "place of habitation".   No wonder lawyers have job security; when it comes to the use of the English language there are many terms that can represent many things. Further complicating definitions is the rapid pace of new ideas and options for housing that appear every day changing the paradigm for how we live.   

Merriam-Webster :   Definition of dwelling : a shelter (such as a house) in which people live

Dictionary.com  noun: dwelling; plural noun: dwellings; noun: dwelling place; plural noun: dwelling places

1. a house, apartment, or other place of residence.
    "the proposed dwelling is out of keeping with those nearby"
    synonyms: residence, place of residence, place of habitation, home, house, accommodation, lodging place, billet;
    lodgings, quarters, rooms;
    informalplace, pad;
    informaldigs;
    formaldwelling place, dwelling house, abode, domicile, habitation
    "she had been invited to his dwelling"

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, MrsSquid said:

Was that addressed somewhere and I missed it?

I'm not quite sure what it is that you are asking? Are you wanting their opinion on the question "My residence address is a single family dwelling, apartment, motel or temporary shelter." you should answer honestly with what you believe to be the most accurate. Most posts here argree with my view and that is that our RV is a single family dwelling. 

You could also call the Livingston office and ask them!

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Sounds like she was implying that even though several of us have done renewals using our Livingston address/single family dwelling for several renewals over more than a decade, she wants a lawyer to address this as our experience doesn't count.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

When I see PMB or #, I tend to think apartment or box. I was concerned about identifying something like that as a single family dwelling and possibly (albeit, remotely) having it called into issue for some reason.

So yes, I was curious as to what a lawyer would say the correct answer was. I'm glad to know that those of you with experience have not had issues. I worry too much. Sorry I struck a wrong chord. 

I never use the words PMB when someone asks for my address. I just say #xyz as if it’s an apartment number but now the Post Office has most PMB addresses in their computer database and has tagged them as a commercial address or mail forwarding service. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

40 minutes ago, MrsSquid said:

When I see PMB or #, I tend to think apartment or box. I was concerned about identifying something like that as a single family dwelling and possibly (albeit, remotely) having it called into issue for some reason.

So yes, I was curious as to what a lawyer would say the correct answer was. I'm glad to know that those of you with experience have not had issues. I worry too much. Sorry I struck a wrong chord. 

A lot of condos will use #xyz as part of their addresses, not just apartments.  In fact, in some areas apartments are converted to condos and keep the original addresses.

If you need a lawyer's advice, then don't ask for it on a forum, but make an appointment to either go in and see them or contact them by phone.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

If you need a lawyer's advice, then don't ask for it on a forum, but make an appointment to either go in and see them or contact them by phone.   

Who tied your knickers in a knot?  Maybe she wanted to hear a lawyer's opinion and the forum members opinion both.  You're not in charge of what people can ask or not.

Incidentally, I thought that's what Escapees' lawyers were for, answering questions which come up now and then.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

A lot of condos will use #xyz as part of their addresses, not just apartments.  In fact, in some areas apartments are converted to condos and keep the original addresses.

I used to use the word "suite" when I didn't want to use apartment but now suites are often offices in a strip mall so that doesn't work as well any more.

Our current apartment is officially listed with the postal system as Unit 1234 (an example; not the real number). And the first number does not reflect the floor we are on but the "zone" our apartment is in. Delivery people go nuts trying to find the right apartment here.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

4 hours ago, chirakawa said:

Who tied your knickers in a knot?  Maybe she wanted to hear a lawyer's opinion and the forum members opinion both.  You're not in charge of what people can ask or not.

Incidentally, I thought that's what Escapees' lawyers were for, answering questions which come up now and then.

If one needs to have a lawyer's answer, then a forum is not the place to ask.  It isn't like one of the lawyers from that firm are around here every week, let alone every day.    Did I say I was in charge of anything?     And since when does this forum have lawyers?   Do they charge Escapees an hourly fee for providing services?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

4 hours ago, sandsys said:

I used to use the word "suite" when I didn't want to use apartment but now suites are often offices in a strip mall so that doesn't work as well any more.

Our current apartment is officially listed with the postal system as Unit 1234 (an example; not the real number). And the first number does not reflect the floor we are on but the "zone" our apartment is in. Delivery people go nuts trying to find the right apartment here.

Linda

In a lot of parks in Arizona (which are set up to deliver mail right to the site) the 'official' US Post Office address has LOT 1234 after the street number/name (which is one of the main streets running by the park).  Different sections of the park we stay in for the winter in Mesa, AZ have different street addresses, but with the same lot numbers!   Really drives new delivery people wild since they all have to come through the main entrance and if they don't specific either Ranchos or Fiesta, they will call asking for directions.    

I don't think a lot of people realize that the Escapees mail service zip code is unique.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

27 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

And since when does this forum have lawyers?   Do they charge Escapees an hourly fee for providing services?

Well, it's my understanding that Shawn Loring is legal rep for Escapees.  He is a member of this forum and contributes sometimes.  I just did a forum search for his name and came up with three pages worth of results.  I think it's perfectly natural to wonder what his stance is on this issue.  Search for Loring

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

9 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

Well, it's my understanding that Shawn Loring is legal rep for Escapees.  He is a member of this forum and contributes sometimes. 

Your understanding isn't quite accurate. Shawn is the CEO of Escapees organization as well as the principle of Loring & Associates, which is located on the street where you enter Rainbow's End. His parents were among the very early members of the RV club so he grew up attending Escapee events. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI