WE DID IT!

Alice

We bought a travel trailer today, and it wasn't the one we thought it would be!😁

We found a 2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S at the dealer we were going to to look at a 2109S. The funny thing is, two years ago, this was one of the first trailers we looked at. I was afraid of slides at the time and worried we wouldn't like the Murphy bed. We got over that. I'd never forgotten how much we liked it though. It has two entries,  a HUGE bathroom (relatively speaking... but it's bigger than the one in my master bedroom), a decent kitchen and storage, and a murphy bed.  This particular one has a number of options, like a slide awning,  sound bar,  etc.

So, anyway we found this one online and the price was good.  When we got there today and they'd lowered the price by $1,000 yesterday and they came down another $500. We checked RV Trader and it was definitely the lowest price for a 2017 anywhere. We got a great rate and a fairly short loan. Better than expected really. Turns out our credit scores recently jumped!  

It looks pristine. There's literally one place that looks used; the soap dish. LOL The dealer has a really good reputation. The story was it was traded for something larger because the owner was full - timing. He took great care of it. 

We pick it up next week, coincidently on my husband's birthday!  Its like the stars aligned and everything was just meant to be.  🌟 That poor tech has been warned that we'll be spending hours making him show us every tiny detail.  

Edited by Alice

Alice...

Weekender with a F-150 and Rockwood 2503S - until this happens:

event.png

Congratulations! And welcome to the RV lifestyle. We are happy for you and ready to help in any way that we may be able.

Some folks video the instruction session. I would also ask if the owners manuals for the appliances are with the RV.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Congratulations!  Funny, we often end up with the first thing we seriously considered after exhausting ourselves looking at everything else available, but we find that way, we avoid "buyer's remorse".  I'm a big believer in "meant to be" and this certainly sounds like it was.  Enjoy!

Cathy

On 7/20/2019 at 6:32 PM, Kirk W said:

I would also ask if the owners manuals for the appliances are with the RV.

Found them while looking to see if the previous owner had left a backup camera in the unit. We were digging through all the cabinets looking for it and in the process, I  found the manuals.

event.png

8 minutes ago, Jabberwockey said:

Found them while looking to see if the previous owner had left a backup camera in the unit.

If it has a backup camera, it would normally be installed outside or at least where the lens is open to the outside and not in a storage cabinet. In addition, it would have a display of some type, usually mounted into the dash. 

49 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

If it has a backup camera, it would normally be installed outside or at least where the lens is open to the outside and not in a storage cabinet. In addition, it would have a display of some type, usually mounted into the dash. 

The TT is backup camera ready. We know where the housing is.  We couldn't imagine NOT having one,  so we hoped just maybe he'd taken it off and stuck it in a drawer.  We didn't really think we'd find one,  but it was worth a look and an excuse for us to play around in it some more.  

My brother in law has had a 30 foot TT for years without one,  but we're having one installed before we leave the lot.  

Alice...

event.png

2 hours ago, Jabberwockey said:

We didnt know and it was worth a look Kirk.

Always worth looking and anything is possible. And you found some good stuff so it wasn't a loss. Just thought that you might not have known where to look first. To tell you the truth, I was thinking of a motorized RV too when I mentioned the monitor. 😏 In your situation it probabaly would have been stored somewhere if the prior owner had left it.

We've planned our first stop too.  We're going directly from the dealer the roughly 45 miles to our home town and then to the empty State employee parking lots,  where much backing-up practice will be done.  😂  

Then well figure out where to go to actually camp.  Ha!

Alice...

event.png

• 4 weeks later...