Flames, NO NOT FROM A FIRE, decals on the Hood.

mr. cob

I like the orange/purple almost as much as your existing stripes.  To my eye, the stripes are classier.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

5 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

We like the multi-coloured ones best, the outlined ones to the left next, the other 2 are a wash.

Howdy All,

I agree.  The suggestion I made was to lengthen the flames, more closely follow the radius of the fender and add an outline to the multicolored flame.  I think when the Chicken Lights are on the yellow-orange will really be an eye catcher.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

I think the folks at East Coast Vinyl Werks, are getting very close to what I am looking for.  This is the latest mock up they have sent to me.  I asked them to use this same theme but to add outlines to the flames, I suggested black or maybe silver, and asked them to show whatever they thought would make the flames look good.

I am leaning toward the mock up on the left, the one with the fade into a light white on the fender flames, what do you folks think.  However with the flames outlined, the fender flames on the right hand side of the mock up may light my fire.

Dave%20Hooker%20Pete%20379%20Sample%202%

Dave

Edited by mr. cob

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On 7/29/2019 at 6:49 PM, Larry Burkett said:

Here you go Dave

2015 PETERBILT 579 at TruckPaper.com

Howdy Larry,

That's kinda cool.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

I like this last mock up photo that Melissa sent to me, the outlining of the flames really sets them off, what do you folks think?

Dave%20Hooker%20Pete%20379%20Sample%20wi

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
cuz icant sqel

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• 1 month later...

Howdy All,

I am still working with the folks who do the vinyl decals, getting what I want is something they have not dealt with before so its a learning experience for everyone.  In order for the colors to fade from one to another as in the flames, the lettering on the RIGHT side of the truck will have to be faded backwards from the direction you read, if this isn't done the color fade on the lettering will be backwards from that of the flames.  So this is what we have come up with so far, this will be the name of the truck, the top set of lettering will be the RIGHT side of the truck, the bottom set will be on the LEFT side.

Dave%20Hooker%20Pete%20379%20Semi%20Sane

In an attempt to make it easy to read, we are looking at three different types of capital letters, I like the Blackletter "W" and "M", they are easier to read.  In this photo you can see the LEFT and RIGHT side lettering in three different styles. In this photo you can see "Mr. Cob" which will go under the drivers window on the LEFT side of the truck.  "Mrs. Cob" which will go under the passengers window on the RIGHT door and "Wiener Window" will go over the top of the small window on the lower front of the passenger door on the RIGHT side of the truck.

Dave%20Hooker%20Pete%20379%20VIP%20windo

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
cus icant sqel

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I agree the bottom right is the bomb !

We had our truck done and additional applied on the Redwood. Blends together a lot better. 

Good Luck with your " project" and please take the time to flood us with plenty of pictures !

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

14 minutes ago, NTPA Announcer said:

I agree the bottom right is the bomb !

We had our truck done and additional applied on the Redwood. Blends together a lot better. 

Good Luck with your " project" and please take the time to flood us with plenty of pictures !

Howdy Denver,

One thing I am know for, good or bad, is flooding my posts with photos. 😀

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I don't see how you will get a "real" fade from vinyl. Paint will give a better result if the artist is skilled. Just my opinion. I'm sure anything you do will look good.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

4 hours ago, Jack Mayer said:

I don't see how you will get a "real" fade from vinyl. Paint will give a better result if the artist is skilled. Just my opinion. I'm sure anything you do will look good.

Howdy Jack,

I agree paint would be better but I don’t want to spend a couple thousand dollars on paint and when it comes time to sell the truck if the person who wants to buy it doesn’t like what I have done it’s easy to remove the decals.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg