WEP

A mid-west dealer/broker's name escapes me help!

A little over a year and 1/2 ago,  I posted my 'A Class' RV on RVT.com and RV trader.  Shortly after I posted, I removed it from those site.   But I had a broker/saleperson that continued to call.

They were from the mid-west, I Think?   Her name was Mary?  She wanted me to list with her for $300.  And said they made their money off the the Financing and the extended warranty.

I do not have her contact information.  Can someone help refresh an old man's memory?

Thanks 

Walt  #130963

"Thinking of seller now"   16 Itasca 40R Meridian 

Make sure it’s not a scam. Have seen lots of posts about people getting taken for $300 and never sold their rig. Check them out very carefully. Hopefully they are legit and you are successful selling your rig. 

20 hours ago, WEP said:

... Mary?  She wanted me to list with her for $300.  And said they made their money off the the Financing and the extended warranty...

I'm confused and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up.  If they make their money off the financing and extended warranties why do they want $300 from you?

They take your $300 and do nothing. Your rig is never sold and they never do any financing or sell an extended warranty. They make money scamming you. 

I think I'd have to agree. This sounds like a scam to me. PPL is a consignment company. You take your rig to them and they have it on their lot for customers to see. They handle the paperwork of the sale and take a cut of the sale price. Assume that the type of deal you heard about was legit. YOU still have your rig, so YOU have to make the appointment to show it to the potential buyer. So what are they doing for you? Advertising? You are already doing that. Maybe they can write a better ad? Go to a nearby college, or even high school, and pay a faculty member there to write the ad for you. Pictures? For $300 they aren't going to send a photographer out to take pictures of your rig. If you can't take good photographs, find someone who can and pay them something. For that $300 you could hire some professionals to prepare a great ad to put up on RV Trader. Better yet, find the owners' forum for your brand and post it there.

What brought PPL into this conversation?  PPL doesn't do this.  You take the RV to them & you don't have to make appointments for a potential buyer to see it.  You don't pay PPL anything until it's sold.

PPL is a legitimate outfit that sells lots of recreational vehicles each year. They tell a potential customer (buyer or seller) upfront what they will have to pay PPL and what optional services you can have. It cost far more than $300 for them to handle a sale. The person who offered to advertise and sell someone's rig for $300 is most likely a scam.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.