A mid-west dealer/broker's name escapes me help!

WEP

A little over a year and 1/2 ago,  I posted my 'A Class' RV on RVT.com and RV trader.  Shortly after I posted, I removed it from those site.   But I had a broker/saleperson that continued to call.

They were from the mid-west, I Think?   Her name was Mary?  She wanted me to list with her for $300.  And said they made their money off the the Financing and the extended warranty.

I do not have her contact information.  Can someone help refresh an old man's memory?

Thanks 

Walt  #130963

"Thinking of seller now"   16 Itasca 40R Meridian 

Post it again and she'll probably call you again

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Make sure it’s not a scam. Have seen lots of posts about people getting taken for $300 and never sold their rig. Check them out very carefully. Hopefully they are legit and you are successful selling your rig. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

20 hours ago, WEP said:

... Mary?  She wanted me to list with her for $300.  And said they made their money off the the Financing and the extended warranty...

I'm confused and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up.  If they make their money off the financing and extended warranties why do they want $300 from you?

They take your $300 and do nothing. Your rig is never sold and they never do any financing or sell an extended warranty. They make money scamming you. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I think I'd have to agree. This sounds like a scam to me. PPL is a consignment company. You take your rig to them and they have it on their lot for customers to see. They handle the paperwork of the sale and take a cut of the sale price. Assume that the type of deal you heard about was legit. YOU still have your rig, so YOU have to make the appointment to show it to the potential buyer. So what are they doing for you? Advertising? You are already doing that. Maybe they can write a better ad? Go to a nearby college, or even high school, and pay a faculty member there to write the ad for you. Pictures? For $300 they aren't going to send a photographer out to take pictures of your rig. If you can't take good photographs, find someone who can and pay them something. For that $300 you could hire some professionals to prepare a great ad to put up on RV Trader. Better yet, find the owners' forum for your brand and post it there.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

What brought PPL into this conversation?  PPL doesn't do this.  You take the RV to them & you don't have to make appointments for a potential buyer to see it.  You don't pay PPL anything until it's sold.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

PPL is a legitimate outfit that sells lots of recreational vehicles each year. They tell a potential customer (buyer or seller) upfront what they will have to pay PPL and what optional services you can have. It cost far more than $300 for them to handle a sale. The person who offered to advertise and sell someone's rig for $300 is most likely a scam.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS