Anti-sway hitch recommendations.

chief916

4 hours ago, $Spot said:

Thanks for the updates, I've been following this thread but didn't catch it early enough to participate. Your satisfaction with the hitch, along with many others, is swaying me toward the Hensley in the future. I've been using the Equalizer with great success but see that hooking up the Hensley can be much easier, especially as my body ages along with the hitch sequence required with each. Each of the hitches require lining up but the Hensley, like a 5er, lets you know that you're there with the bump (don't want to feel that with the Equalizer). Overall it seems much easier to hitch and provides exactly the type of control when towing that someone could want.

Spot

A few things that I really like about the Hensley that I don't think have been mentioned yet are that the only thing you have to remove after unhooking, if you choose to, is the drawbar (stinger). I will say that it is not light. Everything else (spring bars, etc.) stay permanently connected to the trailer. After hooking up; If I tension the spring bars before I raise the tongue jack, I can use an electric drill to do it. There are marks on the jacks to help you get the same spring tension every time. Taking the tension off can also be done with the drill after lower the tongue jack to take the tension off the spring bars. I also consider it a security feature. Most people, including many RV dealer and repair folks, have know idea how to hook one up. To steal the trailer, one would have to have a stinger or tow it off by the safety chains.

Edited by trailertraveler