I WANT TO GO ON A 1 WEEK BOON DOCKING TRIP

UtahPam

Well I would like to meet people in my area who are interested in doing the same thing.   🙂

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
  😀

2 hours ago, UtahPam said:

Well I would like to meet people in my area who are interested in doing the same thing.   🙂

That would be good, I don't know if you can change the title to better describe that to get more people who might want to do this with you.

Terry

Welcome. Where would you like to go to boondock? What would you like to do? Hike, bird watch, photography, mountain bike? Escapees has a solo section you may be interested in if you are a solo. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

ME TOO! But my wife is still working and she gets very unhappy when I suggest I going camping without her, sooo.. LOL

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm new here. How do we know what area you are in? Other than your screen name?

Utah is packed with Boondocking opportunities as is Colorado and Wyoming. And tho we haven't spent much time there, Nevada too, and Idaho. City of Rocks is a very interesting area in Southern Idaho. The San Juan Mountains east of Moab are another. And I'm sure there are plenty around SLC. There are some areas around Zion and Bryce. Flaming Gorge Reservoir in south west Wyoming is another. The list is long.

Good reply but she has not been back since 28 April.  We seem to get a lot of fly-bys on here.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

• 1 year later...

It is great fun.  You just need to understand how the systems in your unit work and what limitations they may have when not hooked up.  

Of course your other option is to set up to boondock.

We are well set up for boondocking as that is what we do over 90% of the time.  It is rare that we are in a campground, too many people. 

2014 Volvo 630. 2016 Fuzion 325T, RZR 900 Trail 
675ah AGM, MSH 3012 inverter, 960w Solar.  (2016 Chevy 3500 DRW, backup)