How many of you in Escapees are actually part time? And why?

Roadtrek 1

3 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

That may have been true a few years ago, but not so much now.  Many Xscapers are of working age, they're not retired yet they're fulltiming without a home base.  Their RV is their home, and they're using their RV to host a mobile office or other kind of online business.

With high speed wireless Internet becoming close to ubiquitous, there's no reason a home business needs to stay at a fixed address.

My comment was about workers who travel part-time thus have a specified time they need to be back at work which affects how they travel.  Xscapers tend to be full-timers, not part-timers, thus they don't have that need to be back at work 11 days from today.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/20/2019 at 11:45 AM, Roadtrek 1 said:

So, tell me...are you full time or just a part time person and I hope you enjoy whatever experience you've chosen.

What do you think... majority of people are full or part-time in the Escapees Club? 

Two questions;
1) Part time RVer.  Our properties own us.
2) I don't think about it. Or care.  

Opinion:  I suspect that a few full-timers are in good financial shape.  And others are financially precarious but are "livin' the life".  I'm very careful about forming opinions without more information.  I simply don't know.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 9:17 PM, Rich&Sylvia said:

Two questions;
1) Part time RVer.  Our properties own us.
2) I don't think about it. Or care.  

Opinion:  I suspect that a few full-timers are in good financial shape.  And others are financially precarious but are "livin' the life".  I'm very careful about forming opinions without more information.  I simply don't know.

Good answers!

Especially #2

For the OP -  "Roadtrek":  This thread is similar to many you start.

So here's a couple of questions for you:

Why do you need to know?

Why do you insert your biased opinions of why *your* choice of RV is  "best"  into other forums (like the HDT forum)?

🤐

4 hours ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Good answers!

Especially #2

Why do you need to know?

Why do you insert your biased opinions of why *your* choice of RV is  "best"  into other forums (like the HDT forum)?

🤐

My opinion - worth exactly what it costs - is that the o.p. is still trying to justify to himself that $1000.00 per square foot is a perfectly reasonable price for a rapidly depreciating toy. No-one I know is that extravagant. Jay

Don't know "Roadtrek" never met him but he has started some interesting topics that have generated a great deal of information. I hope he continues.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

10 hours ago, richfaa said:

Don't know "Roadtrek" never met him but he has started some interesting topics that have generated a great deal of information. I hope he continues.

16 hours ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Good answers!

Especially #2

Why do you need to know?

🤐

I tend to side with Pappy.  

Some people like to throw out bold, opinionated statements meant to cause controversy and hopefully an argument, then end the statement with a disclaimer, something like "Well others may have different thoughts".   The idea is, since the disclaimer statement ends the posting that absolves the poster from any responsibility for trying to start an argument.  

A case in point is the opening post for this topic: 

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but, many people who are full time defend the "lifestyle choice" like they are in some "tribal council"... I've heard people who are say things to me like....you can't possibly "know" the true RV experience unless you are a "full timer"..... How's that? 

I don't care if you are a full timer or part timer... please do whatever you want....I happen to like the "part time" experience because I want to have a "home base" I don't have to move around...for me, it's easier....I know that many of the "full timers" will say that their home is wherever they are...and if this works for you, great....

So, tell me...are you full time or just a part time person and I hope you enjoy whatever experience you've chosen.

What do you think... majority of people are full or part-time in the Escapees Club? 

Again, there's no right or wrong answers here. 

A simple statement and actual simple question, like: "I like being part time because I really like having a house to go back to.  Are the people in the Escapees Club mostly full time or part time RV'ers."    Simple asking a question w/o argumentative and controversial statements. 

I think I need to end this with a statement to absolve me from others thinking I am being argumentative:

Of course, others may have a differing opinion. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I don't think that Roadtrek is seeking information for his own use as much as he is seeking conversation. I'll bet we all know someone who like to start conversations with a somewhat provocative statement just to get folks wound up. I've decided to more or less ignore his posts as I don't care for that sort of discussion simply for the sake of discussion. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels