Anyone bobtail the truck often?

Storx

When we lost the Teton to a hail storm, we left TX bobtail and went to Florida, and then a few states up to Indiana, and then across to Colorado in order to find and pick up our new to us DRV.  We do have a good heavy bed and tools on board, plus the smart on the back.  Never had a problem.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

ABS bobtails shouldn’t be too squirrelly if the ABS and atc are functioning properly and the tires aren’t max inflated like steel wheels... 

Yes don’t be in full retarded brake mode bobtail just use the brakes. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:58 AM, orca said:

The wheelbase of my MDT is about the same as a class 8 and i bobtail all the time. It is my grocery getter because the motorcycles have limited storage.  Funny thing happened at the HEB the other day though,  as i drove through the lot looking for a parking spot, a women in a car angerly mouthed the words "your too big"!  I was going to stop and thank her but kept driving instead!😄

I got in trouble a few years ago over that. Wife and I got out, lady shouted. I needed to park somewhere else. As I was way too big. I was nice and told her, she was Ugly. But they still allowed her to park here.

event.png

There was a locum tenens ER doc that I used to see about once every two months in TN when we were moving campgrounds after going full time. He had a dodge dually with a slide in. He would pull in around 8 am, plug in and then leave about 8 pm each night. I always wondered why he didn't have a trailer. Super nice guy and he was raking in the cash traveling and doing locum tenens work. ($3500 a day, plus per diem of $300 a day is what industry standard is for this type of position). So his costs per day are probably less than $100 including fuel, food, and campground fees. I'm sure he probably wrote off his dodge and camper in his LLC as well as his expenses. Single guy so working like mad and then will probably retire early. Or many of these folks work six months and take six months off. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

On 4/18/2019 at 8:47 AM, lockmup68 said:

There was a locum tenens ER doc that I used to see about once every two months in TN when we were moving campgrounds after going full time. He had a dodge dually with a slide in. He would pull in around 8 am, plug in and then leave about 8 pm each night. I always wondered why he didn't have a trailer. Super nice guy and he was raking in the cash traveling and doing locum tenens work. ($3500 a day, plus per diem of $300 a day is what industry standard is for this type of position). So his costs per day are probably less than $100 including fuel, food, and campground fees. I'm sure he probably wrote off his dodge and camper in his LLC as well as his expenses. Single guy so working like mad and then will probably retire early. Or many of these folks work six months and take six months off. 

Have a friend that does that work. But he says in hotels. Or rents a place for the length of the job. He hits the air, lands in AK for a few weeks. Then home a day or so. Heads out ND or SD or somewhere like that . His wife does the same deal. There retiring next year at 58.

event.png

Archived